4. Blonde with Blue Eyes

Eye contact is way more intimate than words can ever be. 

***Zane

***
Zane

As I thought about the beautiful brown eyes I just stared into seconds ago, my feet took me to the dessert station in the cafeteria.

I knew the girls loved ice cream. Armani always had vanilla with some chocolate topping and Arden would just take plain mint chocolate chip or cookie dough.

It seemed like I was too into my thoughts because I felt something hit me in my chest. It felt weird and soft. My gaze was suddenly filled with papers flying everywhere and onto the floor. Aw, crap.

Soon, I saw a blonde haired girl on the floor hastily picking up the papers that fell. They were scattered everywhere and she reached out trying to stack them again, all the while chanting 'sorry' and other apologizes.

I had the tiny urge to sigh, are you kidding me right now? Why me?

"I'm so sorry, I-I didn't see you, I wasn't paying attention-"

I was about to walk away and continue on, instead I puffed out a breath and crouched on the ground. I begin gathering the papers, helping the girl out. I tried bringing them in a pile, like she was doing.

Damn, how many papers was she carrying? As I gathered the papers, I noticed they were a lot of documents, articles, research, and data charts. "Honestly, I can be really clumsy sometimes-" She was still apologizing and as she looked up to take the papers from me, I finally got a glimpse of her eyes.

They were a shocking blue that stood out through her huge framed glasses. As soon as they met my dark eyes, they didn't look away and her words got caught in her throat. Something I was used to.

People either stared me down because they were intimidated, or for some reason taken off guard with my appearance. It was never intentional but I can't control how I come off to others.

Her hand paused in the air, not taking the papers I was holding out to her. I cleared my throat and she quickly shook her head, snapping out of her trance. Her blonde hair was in a messy bun at the back of her head, but many strands escaped flying every which way in front of her face. It didn't look that bad, though. She looked to be about my age, or maybe older.

She took the papers and looked down and I saw her cheeks began turning a slight pink. "You okay?" I asked.

She nodded. "Um.." She shoved all the articles and charts into a folder and as I stood, I gave her a hand up. "Yeah." Her voice was quiet, barely audible. She seemed super introverted. She had an nice natural beauty to her. Her skin looked soft, her hair glowed and her eyes stood out brightly. The same eyes that were avoiding my gaze.