14. Ebbing

Keep telling yourself that...

***
Arden

I shut off the engine as I looked at the shop to my left. I was currently in the parking lot for the same coffee shop Ace and I go to.

I wanted to find Zane after Hayden and I were finished at the Training Center. I mean, our session may not have turned out as horrific as I thought but, Zane was still supposed to be there.

It was weird because he doesn't usually play hookie, he attends almost all his sessions. He also left me there, with Hayden.

I was contemplating on punching Zane in his throat when I saw him because honestly- why would he leave me there with Hayden?!

Hayden told me about his motives in retrieving the Kai- that he only wanted it to see Nova again. I told him about the weird vision I had the other day although it wasn't too long ago, I wasn't sure If I wanted to tell anyone, let alone Hayden being the first one to know.

Searching for Zane, the stupid heartfire led me to the coffee shop and I was curious to why he was here, and not the Training Center.

I opened the door to my navy blue Maserati. I know i'm only eighteen and I don't exactly need an expensive car but, your mother being a goddess and all, there are some things you just need to have.

After I locked my car, I walked towards the coffee shop swinging my keys in my hand. I was still deciding if I should punch Zane.

I wanted to really bad. That urge increased when I entered the coffee shop. It was empty except for two figures sitting in a booth.

Zane is sitting with a girl with blonde hair. Their backs were facing me but I could tell it was him. There was a laptop in front of them and a few papers. I heard the girl chuckle lowly and I tilted my head.

I didn't know what I was feeling. First, I felt heat in my chest, it burned and hurt. Then, it went cool, it died down. My heart switched between the two. Hot and then cold.

I forced my feet to move toward them and as quiet as the shop was, I couldn't hear my wedges clicking the floor.

When I came across the booth, Zane locked gazes with me first and his face became one of shock.

He opened his mouth to say something and the girl finally looked up when she realized someone was standing by the table.

She was blonde- her hair looked nice but untamed. She had blue eyes, and her eyes were framed with glasses. Her skin was fair and her lips dropped a little bit when she saw me.

I gave a small smile at the both of them while Zane was still figuring out what to say. The girl broke my gaze and looked down after pushing her glasses up on her face.