30. On Our Way

When everything seems to be going against you, remember an airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. -Henry Ford

 -Henry Ford

***

Arden

I giggled as I clutched my stomach. "He ran down the field in the opposite direction and from that point, I wanted to quit the whole game."

Perri shook his head across from me and I pulled my legs up to my chest in my seat as my laughter died down. "I swear sometimes, I would really quit the whole sport if I could." I snickered again.

I turned my head to the left and looked at the different clouds we passed. The sky wasn't completely clear but it was a decent day to fly. We were all on our way to Greece and should be there in about two hours more. This was honestly the longest flight of my life.

Instead of a regular plane, the gods allowed us to travel on a private plane. So yeah, here we were, a bunch disparates, on our way to another country.

Perri and I were sitting across from each other. Armani, Ace, Zane, Nikki, and Ali were in the other part of the plane.

Hayden was napping somewhere behind us. Soon, Ace came through the curtain joining us in the first section of the plane. He offered me a smile and sat down next to me. "What's up, guys?" He asked.

"Your friend keeps laughing at my stories of pain." I chuckled at Perri's statement.

"No, I wasn't." I defended.

Ace nudged me as he smiled. "That's Arden for you, she seems all sweet and cute but she's really evil inside."

I shook my head at my best friend. I ruffled his hair making sure to mess it up on purpose. "Not true," I stated and looked at him mockingly. "I almost feel bad for permanently damaging it." I gestured to his hair.

Perri raised an eyebrow in question. An amused smile perched on his lips. "Permanently damaged..."

I sat up, "It's such a funny story- let me tell you-"

Ace plastered his hand over my mouth, muffling me. "That we're not going to talk about." Perri chuckled.

I moved Ace's hand and quickly stated. "Ace isn't a natural blond." Ace immediately reached for me but I shrieked and began fighting him, all the while laughing.

Armani soon came through the curtain as well, and by the looks of her hair, it was clear she just woke up from a nap. Her eyes looked lazy and she almost walked into one of the chairs.

"Ah, you're awake." Ace smiled at her.

"Yeah," She sighed. She gestured to Perri and I. "And I wake up to see you fooling around with Arden and Perri. I stand no chance. I should just jump out the plane right now..." She dramatically turned and began walking away when Ace pulled her back onto his lap.