86. Unhinged

Mass destruction and mass corruption. The souls are sufferin' men. Clutchin' on deaf ears again, rapture is comin'. It's all prophecy and if I gotta be sacrificed for the greater good, then that's what it gotta be. -Kendrick Lamar (My SON)

 -Kendrick Lamar (My SON)

***

Arden

My head was booming and I forced myself to sit up. Holding onto my head and looking around me, I had to steady myself. Everything was moving and shaking.

Quickly looking next to me, It was indeed Hayden who had landed next to me. Whatever Nikki and Bali did, it worked as a nice distraction.

I quickly got up and searched my surroundings. It seemed everyone was still down from the blast. "Arden!"

I turned to see Nikki running towards me. "Look, look, look!" She waved her hands and a codex appeared in her two parallel palms. "What's this?" I asked.

Nikki gave me a brief smile before shoving the book in my hands. Furrowing my eyebrows and looking closely, I gasped. I muttered my next words in disbelief. "Wait a minute, this is-"

"The Kai. Yes, it's the Kai." The same Kai Johanna was just done telling me about. The same Kai she needed.

Bali came jogging after Nikki. She soon stood beside her breathing heavy. Seeing her up close, It was easy to see that she and Nikki really did look similar. She gave me an inquiring look. "Is this the girl you were talking about?"

Niki nodded. "Arden, this is my cousin, Bali."

"So I've heard." I gave Bali a smile. "We've been expecting you both. Things haven't exactly been so smooth."

"We can tell." Nikki gave me a pointed look. I looked around swiftly and saw that everyone was still down from the blast. I think Ali was starting to wake up... "But, here." Nikki quickly showed me a page with a random spell on it.

"We found a way Johanna was able to take power from Harper and Cronus and probably others." I stared at the spell carefully.

It wasn't long. My eyes scanned quickly over the words on the dusted, archaic, and outdated page.

"If you perform the same spell on Johanna, you can take all the power she stole away from her. She'll return to the Underworld and everything she's done will be reversed." Bali explained.