29. Phlegethon

Agony, that can cut like a knife

Are you guys familiar with the play/movie Into The Woods

Are you guys familiar with the play/movie Into The Woods. I'm a sucker for musicals and I have seen the play and movie more than four times. Plus James Corden, Hilarious.

***

Zane

"It's really bizarre." Johanna kicked her feet on the ground. "I can't seem to figure out why this is happening."

"Me either." I mumbled.

We walked somewhat silently on the sidewalk. We were at at the Laboratory at perdue but we decided to take a break. I told Jo we should go out for coffee because I noticed she likes it a lot. So, we walked to my favorite yet only coffee shop in town.

"It's actually kind of creepy, people are getting..."

"I know." I turned to look at her.

"But, I think if we scope the city real good and do some exploring, we can locate the source of the feathers." Jo looked up at me with question in her eyes. Her bright, avid, and beautiful eyes. I'm such a sucker.

She habitually bit her lip anxiously. My mind went into a frenzy and fuzzy feeling of thoughts. My heart also began to buzz. It was weird....was my heart fire activated?

I-I don't believe it was. But, if it was beginning to, what would happen to Arden? I know we didn't lose ours...not yet. We still have a connection; unspoken or not, we still love each other. But...what happens when...there's more than one?

I shook my head, not wanting to think on the subject any further.

I looked down at her and gave her a small smile. "I'd be happy to, Kylo." She smiled and chuckled at the ground. It made me laugh too. It was clear Jo was a major Star Wars fan. As we learned about each other, she couldn't stop going on about her favorite character.

"But," I continued and shoved my hands in my pockets. An old habit of mine that I realized was starting to return. "I'm actually going on vacation."

Jo raised an eyebrow at me. "Oh?"

I nodded. "Yeah. My friends and I are going to Greece."

Jo bit her lip and nodded. "Right, right, you told me you were greek." I looked over to her and she was still biting her lip, a gesture that literally drove me insane inside. "So, when do you guys leave?"

"In two days." I replied.

"Cool." Jo nodded. "So, you promise to tell me all about it when you come back?" I nodded and smiled down at her.

We entered the coffee shop and approached the counter. I ordered my usual and Joanna's favorite. After a while, I felt my heart twitch in an awkward and foreign way. I narrowed my eyes and saw that Johanna was shifting slightly too- but she didn't say anything.