85. Force

Just when you think, hope is lost, and giving up, is all you got. Blue turns black, your confidence is cracked, there seems no turning back, from here....  -P!nk

  -P!nk

***

"This is awful," Ali stated beside me as his eyes gazed over the area. There were flames everywhere. The small cottages and farms were caught on fire, everything burning to ashes onto the ground.

Black smoke filled the air and I looked up in alarm as I heard the sounds of different birds flying over and communicating. I could barely see into the sky. It was dark out, I could only imagine how late it was and the smoke and ash from the fires weren't helping.

"Are there any people in the cottages?" Harper asked worriedly.

Hayden shook his head. "No. My senses tell me they fled a long while ago." Hayden was feeling much better. Once we reached the far end of Athens, he was able to walk again on his own. However, Hayden had no memory of what went down with Johanna in the forest. The last thing he remembers was being in the Underworld with me and his mom.

"We have to put out the fires," I stated urgently.

"Half the city's on fire, Arden. How do you suppose we do that?" Hayden asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We can't just let half the city burn," I answered coldly.

"We won't." Ali pitched in. I turned my head to look at him. "The faster we get to Johanna and defeat her, the faster we can save Greece." My eyebrows drew together when I heard the sound of a...helicopter.

There were wildfires everywhere, I could only imagine the chaos the residents were going through.

"Alright, let's hurry." I sighed as I began to move forward again. It took approximately twenty minutes to get to the Temple Of Zeus. It was outside of Athens and using our super speed, we reached there at a reasonable time.

"Shit," Hayden coughed beside me when we stopped. "That is tiring as hell. Can we take ten-"

"Shhh." Ali cut him off. "Look." We all followed his gaze and silence fell between us as we looked at Johanna. She was standing in front of the temple with Zane still by her side. There were a good amount of people in the actual temple, yet I couldn't make out what they were doing. I'd say it was about fifteen of them. There was a strange glow of light coming from the center which I could only imagine was fire.

"What are they doing?" I asked quietly. From a distance, we remained behind the hill that the temple rested on. We peeked over the damp and springy grass to observe our surroundings carefully.