17. Are We Ready for Change?

There's something about you.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

***

Zane

"Your..friend?" Johanna asked as she folded her hands on front of her.

I nodded and stuck my phone back in my pocket. I tried to shake off the thing that just happened....that thing...what was I doing anyway?

I almost kissed her. Why? Did I want to?

It seems lately I don't have an answer for anything, I don't have an explanation.

"Arden, right?" Johanna asked me quietly. I shook my headp. Johanna shifted on her feet and bit her lip- a gesture I've come to realize is a sign of nervousness. "You know the other day, when she came by the shop, I thought maybe for a moment, she was your girlfriend or something. You know- that you two might be dating- it's just that, it kind of seemed that way-"

I smiled because it was cute when she rambled. "Jo." Johanna stopped and looked up at me with those big blue eyes. "Relax, Arden and I aren't dating." I told her.

"Well, I figured." She shrugged. "I just wasn't sure..."

"Yeah, she and I are just friends." I began stepping back- clearing my throat when thoughts about what almost happened coming back. "It's actually a different friend. She's having issues."

Johanna nodded. "Uh, thanks for the coffee." She smiled.

"No problem," I grabbed the handle for the door that led me out of the lab. "I'll see you later."

"You will."

***

As I finished climbing pole that led to the large window, I huffed out a breathe. Nikki's house was big, and her room was on the second floor.

I wasn't that high off the ground but it wasn't the easiest task in the world to get to her bedroom window. The things I do for my friends. Honestly.

Holding on tightly with my right hand, I used the other to knock on Nikki's window. Her house was a solid blue and it was wide. Majority of the house was made of glass windows and everything was basically fragile- inside and out.

Soon, Nikki pulled the curtains and she saw me hanging from the side of her house. When she saw me, she smiled and opened the window. "Wow, Z. That was faster than I thought."

I quickly climbed into her bedroom being smacked with the scent of something sweet. As hardcore as Nikki was, her room resembled one of a ten year old girl. Majority of everything was pink, but rather than that, it was perfectly normal.

I landed on her soft white rug next to her bed. "Well, I was in the middle of something when you sent me the most urgent text message of the century."