34. Chaotic Case

Okay. Just promise to chill out -Zane

 Just promise to chill out -Zane

***

Zane

"There's going to be a lot of disparates around here, we are in Athens." Hayden stated. "In fact, majority of the people we cross paths with may be connected with the ancients or some mythology."

He's not wrong. Arden took us to Exarcheia because she thought it'd be a better experience. Everyone seemed fine once again, eating and talking, and getting along. Although there was tension, it wasn't exactly noticeable or brought up.

I sat quietly as I thought about what I just witnessed. Yeah, there were a couple of teens I guess giving trouble down at our last site however, it was a minor detail that suddenly got me alert.

A feather.

There were about three boys and a girl that was being thrown out but the girl....the girl had a single white feather in her hair. At first, I didn't think too much of it but I got a clear view of the red blood dried up on the tip.

It caught me off guard and I was shocked for the sole purpose of we were in another country, on the other side of the world.

I thought it might've been a weird phenomenon going on in our small town but, apparently not. We were in Greece and I was still seeing feathers. I was now more than certain that this was bigger than the mortal world. There had to be some kind of supernatural explanation to this.

"Zane, you barely touched your food." Perri pointed out. "You good, bro?"

I nodded, coming out of my thoughts. I needed to stop thinking about the feathers...

But, why were they around? What or who is causing people to get pricked by them? I suddenly became very curious and suspicious of the group of teens we saw. What if they were behind it all? It wasn't likely but very much possible. But how would they be able to reach locations in Amer-

"Zane."

I looked up at Arden. "There's a Kobalo in our training center, he uses it to exercise sometimes. What's his name?"

I knew who she was talking about. I've battled Vince many times and although he is a Kobalo, he doesn't seem conniving or mischievous by any means. "Vince," I answered her. They were still on the topic of Kobalos since we've witnessed the scene down at the other site. "But, he doesn't seem all that sly. Seems like a regular kid." I explained.

Arden pursed her lips. "It may seem that way, but, you never know what kind of trouble they can cause behind the scene. Like I said before, they're masters of the butterfly effect, in today's world they could never be caught with murder."

"I'm sorry, why are we talking about murder?" Ali asked while stuffing his face. Once he tasted real bougatsa made by the natives, he couldn't stop stuffing his face. "I thought we were talking about the little elf-looking sprites."