5. Transforming

Character is Power...

***

Arden

Ace waited outside the shop as he chatted on the phone with Armani. They were a cute couple, really they were, but they were always around each other. If not, they'd talk on the phone for hours. But I'm happy for them. They haven't been through a lot, but they've been through some heavy things.

The coffee shop I was in was empty. The guy behind the counter was currently staring at me with a suspicious glance. As in, the way he was staring at me, it made me wonder. I didn't like it.

I asked for two french vanilla lattes about two minutes ago, and he has yet to move and start making them.

"So, how old are you? Like twenty-six?" He asked me with a tiny smirk playing at his lips. I raised an eyebrow. I was only eighteen, surely I didn't look that much older. "Come on, sweetheart, you're too damn beautiful to be this silent."

I knew if Armani was here, her blood would be boiling. I didn't look down on flirting, but if it wasn't obvious, I was not interested. I don't think he got the memo. "I just want my damn coffee." I replied simply.

An amused smile played at the boy's lips. He turned around and began doing what he was supposed to be doing at his job- making coffee.

I sighed silently and sat at one of the tables. I looked out the window to see Ace still on the phone. He was smiling as he talked and I watched as he looked up up at the sun.

It was shining brightly, not a single cloud in the sky. He's happy. That made me smile.

My phone dinged and I looked to see a text from Ali.

'We're gonna swing by the creek tonight. You and Ace have to come.'

I quickly texted a reply. Green Brook Creek. There were a lot of words for that place. Too many emotions to express how I felt about it.

"Here you are, baby." I looked up to see the same barista holding the two cups of coffee. The same nasty smile plastered on his face. I stood up and took them.

"I'm contemplating if I should thank you." I spoke out loud. He was trying to earn my time but in the wrong way. Barista guy was short, and he had brown hair. His eyes were a light green and he had stubble scattered across his chin and cheeks. This guy was definitely older than me I had the urge to scowl.

"Come on, dont be like that." He chuckled although I didn't see what was so funny. How could he not get the message. I narrowed my eyes. "I wrote my number down, maybe sometime we can get together."

"I highly doubt it." As I moved to make my way out the cafe, I felt a hand grip my shirt.

Alright.