70. Envision

Let's let things come out of the woodwork, I'll give you my best side, tell you all my best lies, yeah, awesome right? -Lorde

***

Arden

"What did you find?" Perri asked as he stepped forward, beside me.

Urania was breathing slightly heavy as she and Ace recovered. She was in there for quite a while- I wonder what she saw.

"Well, first, it was a little hard for me to get into his head- he kept resisting," Urania explained leaning on the table. Her straight hair ran down her back, unmoving yet the front slightly damp from sweat.

"I'm sorry," Ace apologized, taking a seat.

"What did you see?" Nikki asked.

"I went into the part of his brain where dreams normally take place." Urania continued. "I saw flashes of different scenes, it was strange."

"Certain scenes like what?" Ali asked.

"There were people in the underworld, a major battle, angels, The Acheron, and excessive pain and mourning."

Mourning....Did she say mourning?

I refused to let my mind think about the worst and whatever it was about. But, angels and the Acheron, how did any of those things relate to what we're going through?

"Angels?" Zane repeated. "What do you mean angels?"

Urania shrugged. "That's what I saw- wings."

"Maybe they were bird wings," Camilla suggested. "What if they belonged to one of Johanna's harpies?"

That could be a possibility. "I don't think so- the wings didn't belong to no such bird."

"Is that all you saw?" Harper asked quietly.

"I saw...a labyrinth, or more like a maze. It seemed you guys were separated, different people in different parts of the maze and you struggled to find one another." Urania went on. "There was fighting and disputes among all of you."

We couldn't fall apart. We can't. Defeating Johanna depends on us sticking together and helping each other out. We need to avoid arguing, fighting, and breaking each other down at all costs because it won't get us anywhere.

"That doesn't sound too great." Pia shook her head.

"She's right, if you guys really want to stop the daughter of Hera, there can be no time for disagreements."