64. You Don't Say

Hit me with the words you got and knock me down, baby I don't care. -Glee Cast

 -Glee Cast

***

Arden

"I'm freezing." Nikki blew out a breath as she sat with her legs cradled in front of her.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make the fire bigger," Harper responded. She was huddled into her own little ball. The ten of us sat in a circle around the fire Harper made. Zane explained that we should move away from the city and the innocent people, just in case Johanna showed up again, it wouldn't put people in harm's way.

So, we were in the middle of the woods somewhere off the edge of Athens. Tall trees surrounded us and the moon was high in the sky, casting light over the dark forest. That and the fire between us all. Since Johanna stole some of Harper's power she's been feeling a little...weak.

"It's alright, I got it." My eyes shifted and I glared at the fire, causing it to blaze. It crackled and the flames lit up the forest even more.

Hayden reared back from the flames. "Damn it, Arden. She didn't say burn down the damn forest."

I rolled my eyes.

There was a moment of silence between us all. "Soooo," Perri killed the silence. "You guys wanna tell us what happened at Circe's?"

I looked over to Ace who was staring at the ground silently. Then I moved my gaze to Armani who was sitting next to Zane. Her eyes were slightly wide and her fingers were drumming against the stump she was sitting on. She was also quiet. Then there was Hayden who looked into the fire like he would find his explanation in there or something. Like earlier, I was still curious. I personally wanted to know what went down in that library- and I'm sure they wanted to know what went down with Johanna.

I looked at Camilla who was looking at all three of them expectantly with her lips pursed. She then locked gazes with me and clicked her tongue. "I don't want to speak for anyone but apparently, there's a lot of twisted shit going on."

"Meaning..." Zane urged.

"It was strange that's all." I heard Armani's voice. She was still staring at particularly nothing, her finger still thumping and fidgeting with the stump. "It was weird watching him snap my neck. It seemed a little too...real."

Catching on to what they were talking about...I nodded my head. Oh...that day.

"I still remember it like it was yesterday." Zane winced. He ran a hand through his hair and I also thought about that day. Everything was fine until Ali told us about Nikki. When we went to find her, we were ambushed by Mikhai.