79. The Beginning of The End

Inside, Side the Light!

***

Arden

I blew out a harsh breath and began coughing. It was dark...too dark; I couldn't see anything. What the actual hell? What did Johanna do? Where did she take me?

The last thing I remember was being ambushed by her in the Underworld. What happened?

Suddenly, a dim light flooded the area and I was able to see only a little. It was still a little dark. I quickly spun around and took in my surroundings. It was familiar, very familiar.

It was the maze. The same maze Johanna made us visit while touring Athens. The place where Ace began freaking out over the symbol carved and plasted against the walls. The same walls which then came crumbling down.

I had a feeling that it wasn't a vision this time. I felt like it was all real. The same grayish looking walls were thick and tall. I couldn't see where they stopped above me and I could barely see a hundred meters in the distance.

Maybe this was it. Maybe it was the maze that Urania saw in Ace's mind.

A thought came to me and I gasped. Where's Hayden? He was by my side when Johanna attacked us, but I was alone right now. Where'd he go? What did Johanna do to him?

I looked around again. "Hayden?!" I called out. I couldn't see far and I squinted trying to make anything out of the darkness ahead of me.

"Arden?" I turned when I heard his voice...but where was he? "Arden, is that you?" What the actual-

I continued to circle myself like an idiot. I just heard him, he sounded like he was right beside me...but where is he?!

"Hayden, Hayden, where are you?" I furrowed my eyebrows, looking around.

"I think...I think we're in the maze." I heard his voice and once again, it sounded like he was standing by my side.

"I know but...where are you? I can't see you." I answered him.

"I can't see you either." He stated. "What do we do?"

"Well, if we're in a maze, there has to be a way to find each other. Maybe we can use our-"

"You're right, but I already tried. Our powers don't work down here." As he said those words, I tried to shift my eyes but it wouldn't work. I couldn't conjure my power. Great. Hayden muttered. "Should we get moving?"

"Yeah, I guess." I took a prudent step forward. "Just...just be careful." Who knows what kind of shit Johanna is trying to pull.

"I'll be alright." I began walking forward, the same direction I started in. I couldn't see completely in front of me, but it was still bearable. "Where do we think we are? What's the maze about?" Hayden asked.