50. Consigned To Oblivion

"Yeah, she's not alright."

***

***

Arden

The fact that we were on the tenth floor didn't make this moment any better. I held my breath and as Johanna stood at the edge and watched Armani fall, Ali threw one of his knives.

It lodged right into Johanna's shoulder and the impact took her off balance, and she also went falling from the balcony, with a shocked face.

My instincts took over and I ran towards the edge, everyone else coming out of their shock and following behind. As I approached, something huge and fast swept past the hotel suite and there was a loud squawk. Did it sound like...a bird? As it rushed passed, the air swept over me blowing my clothes and my hair.

I held my breath and I didn't want to look down. I hope she's okay- she has to be okay. I felt Ace beside me and he was mumbling. "Is she okay?" He asked hastily. I looked down at the back of the hotel and there was Armani on the ground. From here, I couldn't see blood but it looked like she landed on some kind of lawn chair. Thankfully there was no one using the pool in the back and there was no one at the poolside either. I didn't see Johanna...anywhere.

"Oh, my gods." Ace mumbled beside me and I watched as he jumped...

He just jumped. Ace jumped off the balcony. I released the breath I was holding when he landed and rolled on the ground. Okay, good, he was fine. But was Armani?

"Come on guys," Zane mumbled. "It'll be fine."

Next thing you know, he was jumping off the balcony as well. Ten stories wasn't that high, but it was a good distance. Believing it was the fastest way to get down there, I sighed and jumped.

Feeling my heart bounce around was weird but it didn't take long to reach the ground. Making sure I didn't hurt my feet, I also rolled. I joined Ace and Zane next to Armani and I looked at her carefully. She was unconscious and if the impact did cause blood, it probably healed already because there were a few stains on the ground, yet no extreme wounds. She landed only a few feet away from the pool. The smell of chlorine and sunscreen was strong. I heard the others landing on the ground and coming to join us.

"Will she be okay?" Zane asked seriously.

I looked at Ace who was touching her hand, his fingers on her wrist, watching her with careful eyes. "She'll be okay." Ace answered quietly. He took his hand and he placed it on her forehead. His eyes shifted right before he closed them. His hands glowed a soft yellow against Armani's skin.

He was waking her.

Armani's eyes snapped open and she popped up on her elbows, her mouth wide open and gasping for breath. Her breaths were ragged and stretched like she was gulping the air.