56. Hadrian's Library

Research is formalized curiosity. It is poking and prying with a purpose. -Zora Neale Hurston

 -Zora Neale Hurston

***

Arden

"Do you really think this library is going to help us? What makes you think it's even here?" I heard Nikki ask.

"Well, it doesn't hurt to try." I answered. We walked the stoned paths of Athens. It was late in the evening and the sun was in the process of setting. There weren't a lot of people in the town as there would be during the day. Everyone was winding down and it was a perfect time to roam the city in search for what we need.

I had an idea that we go to one of Athen's ruins near the Acropolis- Hadrian's library. I thought maybe we would move a little faster if we also went searching through the books in this library and we'd cover a lot more ground faster.

Ace, Hayden, Camilla, along with Armani stayed in Circe's study, looking for anything useful in there. The rest of us were going to see if Hadrian's Library was any use to us. Yes, the whole situation with Armani this afternoon was absolutely bizarre. We also needed to find a way to get her memory back. However, the solution to her memory loss is probably just time itself. Maybe it'd take a while before her memories naturally came back to her.

There's been no sign of Johanna since she disappeared earlier. Also, i'm certain we wouldn't be staying at our hotel for much longer- there isn't exactly an easy way to explain why the balcony made of carrara marble was broken in pieces and how the wooden dresser in the room was broken in pieces near said balcony. Oh, and let's not forget the cracks and fissures in the walls and ceiling from people being slammed into them.

It's been about a week since we've arrived in Greece and I know our parents were going to check up on us sooner or later. Although we are adults and can handle ourselves, we were still growing disparates in Athens- our origin city. They'd want to know how everything's going, plus they're our parents. It was a fatherly and motherly instinct.

I didn't know what we were going to tell them. I didn't even know how to explain it to myself because i'm still a little confused. That's when I thought about something...

"Mmm, sometimes," Perri said behind me. I looked back and narrowed my eyes at them.

"Would it kill you guys to be a little more positive?" Nikki shook her head.

"She's right, Angel." Ali shrugged. "Have a little hope." Nikki pursed her lips.

"I do." She muttered. "But, I just found out that I might be related to the wackjobs working with the psycho-bitch." Ali slung a hand over her shoulder and she leaned into his embrace. I chewed on my lip as I thought.