11. Devious Divination

The worst nightmares can also happen with your eyes open...

***
Arden

It was dark. Nothing but darkness. No light, no signs of anything. There was nothing.

The only thing I felt was the cold ground beneath me and how my heart pounded against it. Wherever I was, whatever is happening, it was cold, empty....

The only sound was the heavy breaths coming from my mouth. The side of my face, pressed to the ground, feeling how cold it was.

What the hell is happening?

My body felt like it weighed a ton. I lazily brought my arms to my sides and with every ounce of strength I had, forced myself to sit up.

I was still panting and it was still dark. I know my eyes are open, so why can't I see?

My heart pounded harder in my chest, feeling the boom in my skull. After a moment, I forced myself to stand and maintain my balance. My body felt heavy, I wanted to collapse back onto the floor. I felt weak, Like I wasn't in control.

It was completely dark, as if I was settled in a void....

I tried looking around, and I was afraid to move. I did the only thing I thought I could do. "Hello?"

My voice was louder than I expected and hearing it echo back to me- I knew I was in a vacant space. I groaned as the pounding in my head became harder.

All of a sudden, there was a loud bang coming to from my left. It made me jump and I hastily turned in the direction where the bang resounded.

I couldn't stop the acceleration of my heart beat. I forced myself to speak again. "Hello?" I called out again. Like the last time, it was silent, and my voice echoed.

Soon, I heard laughing. Loud laughing. It came from the opposite direction I was facing causing me to turn around. The laugh was loud, deep, it echoed and it was feminine. It sounded almost...depraved.

"Who's there?" I called out. My voice sounded weird to me, I didn't recognize it. It was croaky and raspy. The laughing was soon gone and another bang resounded.

I gasped and turned around again. Soon after, the laughter returned. The laughing seemed like it was getting closer and closer- I could almost imagine a female walking towards me slowly chuckling deeply.

I was about to cry out again when I felt a horrible throbbing in my head. It hurt like freaking hell. It felt like my brain was smashing against my skull....Oh gods.

I brought my hands up and held my head as I hunched over in pain. My face contorted- all the while, the person chuckling, it sounded like they were getting closer and closer.