12. Just You and I

You can grow dirt from where fresh flowers used to be.

***

Arden 

I walked into the Training Center to see Ali helping a young siren in the battle center. As he saw me walking by, he gave me a nod and I returned the gesture. I walked down into the earthy corridor. I passed a number of rooms before coming across the Hydra room.

The Hydra room was a battle room where people could practice in private. As I entered, the lights turned on automatically and the golden floor was illuminated. I crossed the room and looked at myself in the wall of mirrors lined up.

I prepared to set my bag in the chair at the other side of the room, but just then, the chair spun around and revealed Hayden.

I jumped back and cursed. "What the hell-"

"Hey, Arden." He greeted me simply. Hayden was leaned back in the chair and had his hands folded in front of him.

"Are you insane?!" I glared at him. I set my bag down and gave him an incredulous look. "You can't just hang around in the Training Center, no one's supposed to know you're here."

Hayden held his hands up in defense. "Calm down," He stated and I narrowed my eyes at him. He's an idiot. "No one knows i'm here."

"Ok, well, what if it was someone besides me who walked through the door?" I asked.

"You're scheduled to be in this room at noon, Missy." I took a deep breath. Okay, okay, Arden. Calm down. Just relax.

"What are you doing here? Zane is supposed to be giving-"

"I know he is," Hayden cut me off and I glared at him. "Technically it's supposed to be all three of us training together today." He explained to me.

"Why?" I asked.

"We're basically going over the P's & Q's of being a goddess."

P's & Q's? I've already had training for this, though. I opened my mouth to say something once more, but Hayden cut me off again.

"You know, your walk, the way you speak, things like that."

I was silent. Hayden raised an eyebrow at me and he looked amused. "Damn, Arden. Say something."

After a brief moment of silence, "I hate you."

Hayden chuckled at me although I don't see what's so funny. "Where's Zane?" I asked. If he was supposed to be here too, well then he's late.

Hayden shrugged. "Well, it looks like Big Boy is a no show. It's just you and me today." After he said the last sentence, we both took a deep breath simultaneously.