78. Zeus and Hera Part 3

It may be stormy now but it never rains forever...

***

Arden

My fingers brushed against the pages as I quickly skimmed the book. It was a journal. Made of old leather and an archaic style of paper. The ink on the page was black and I could almost still smell the metallic liquid.

It was clearly written in ancient Greek and as I scanned some of the words, I confirmed it was written by Hades. Did Hayden know that his father kept journals? Did all the gods keep journals?

I skimmed a section that was written about two-thousand B.C I believe. I tilted my head and narrowed my eyes as they went over the words of Hades. He was writing about Olympus.

"The gods on Olympus have been secretly and silently gossiping about the outcome the queen. Some say that Zeus was going to get rid of his queen- she's caused many disasters and problems among the mortals. Of course, I knew exactly what would happen to the queen- my dear brother entrusted his siblings with his rulings and serious decisions. After Poseidon and I agreed that our brother should follow through with his intentions for his wife- Zeus put in motion an action. Soon, the queen of Olympus, and my corrupted and distressed sister-in-law would be stripped of her crown. For no queen, not even my own grace of beauty and purity- ruler of the Under Realm and all of its darkness, should act so cruelly and wicked."

Zeus asked his brothers to help him in deciding Hera's punishment. They all agreed that Hera should face consequences and be stripped of her crown. Since Hades was one of the guardians keeping Hera locked in, surely he wrote about Hera in the underworld.

"Uh, Hayden," I called out to him and looked up. He was looking through another book at the far side of the room. He looked up at me and gave me an urging look. "I think I found something."

Hayden placed down his book and hopped off the table he was sitting on. "Yes!" He stated loudly. "What's up?" He came to stand next to me and looked at the journal curiously.

"It's a journal," I told him, gesturing to it. "Your father wrote it. Did you know he kept these?"

Hayden shrugged as he took the book. "I assumed he kept a few, but he usually spoke more to my mom about a lot of things, especially everything that was happening on Olympus."

"Well, he wrote about him and his brothers dealing with Hera. I think he wrote about her in the underworld." Hayden opened the book and read the paragraph I just did a few moments ago. "I think he also wrote about your mother. It's pretty sweet."

Hayden shook his head and chuckled. "Trust me, he wrote a lot of separate journals about my mother. Those are a whole different story." Nice to know. "But, let me see."