25. So It Begins

I don't like my mind right now, stacking up problems that are so unnecessary...  -Linkin Park

  -Linkin Park

***

Zane

"This is insane." Johanna whispered beside me. It'd be crazy to think that i'd be in the basement of a hospital opposed to all places.

It was freezing down here and the only sound was the generator I could hear in one of the locked rooms. That and Johanna's breathing. Blue Light filled the open area and it was foggy almost- you could barely see down the hallway.

Jo was right. This was a little insane. However, after the accident a few days ago, I finally found a time where I could come to the Green Brook Emergency Hospital and continue my 'research'.

"You're right." I turned to her. We walked slowly down the hallway, trying to find the right room. "It's a little strange. But, at least we're getting somewhere."

Johanna shrugged next to me. "I guess you're right." We continued down the hallway when she began ranting again. "But, think about it- how weird would it be if this man died from peacock feathers. Technically, it would be impossible- but nothing's really impossible. We didn't even test the feat-"

I soon heard footsteps coming from around the corner. Aw, shit. Someone was coming.

"-hers yet. What if his DNA really mat-" Johanna immediately stopped talking when I quickly took her hand and thinking quickly, I dragged her and drew us into a small closet a few feet away. I was careful not to slam the door.

Now, Jo and I were pressed up against each other as we held our breath. It wasn't too tight in here but it wasn't exactly roomy. It was extremely dark. I couldn't see anything.

I could feel her though. I tried listening for the footsteps, see if they were going to falter. Johanna was still and I could hear her breathing faintly.

As the footsteps got louder, I came to realize it was more than one person and they were having a conversation in the hall.

"This is crazy." Johanna whispered. "I can't believe we're in here."

"Yeah," I responded, my voice low. I could smell her scent clearly- she smelled like chocolate and coffee. "I appreciate it though." I told her.

"No problem." I could picture Johanna blushing faintly right now. I could still feel her body against mine as we stood in the closet. Something came over me. I couldn't explain it. I lifted my hand and reached for her face, and was satisfied when I felt her cheek against my palm.

I heard Johanna gasp slightly as I moved my thumb across her skin. It felt soft and smooth. I wanted to nip at it. What I was feeling at the moment instantly felt like deja vu. I wanted to kiss her. I wanted to kiss her badly- just to see what it would feel like.