The Pain (Chapter 5)

I walked around the studio, it was empty. There were the occasional workers or I would bump into one of the four boys that weren't missing. I couldn't find Louis anywhere. I was worried. I don't want him to think all those things he said are true. He probably did make my brother angry but only because my brother thinks he knows what's best, sometimes he does but in cases like this he doesn't. I continued to search. I finally found Louis in the back of the studio behind a pot plant. He was crying. Tears were streaming down his face. I slid down the wall to sit beside him and he looked over to me. I watched as his once perfect, tearless eyes starred at me. I felt like they were looking past me like he had some sort of X-Ray vision.  

"Louis" I began.  

"No Kit, I am sorry. I shouldn't have treated you like that. I just am worried that I am gonna lose you and Liam and I don't think i can handle that." he stated whilst the tears continued.  

"Louis, the boys said something to me and I wanna know if it is true."  

"What did they say"  

"It's not that simple"  

"Did they say something inappropriate because I swear if Harry says that to a girl one more -"  

"No it wasn't inappropriate it was just they said" I clarified.  

"That I loved you?" he smirked  

"How did you-"  

"Because those boys can read me like a book" he said truthfully.  

"So your saying" I stuttered.  

"Maaybbeee" he dragged out the word.  

I smiled. I don't know why this made me so happy but I felt like I was on a complete sugar high even though we had been going all day. 

"So is that a yes?" I asked.  

"Ummm Yeah. What about you? How do you feel....about.....ummm........us?" he mumbled  

"you mean you and I together? I think that I kinda, sorta like you like you know like like"  

"So do you think we should maybe you know date or something?" he mumbled.  

"Louis, I really really would love to date you but my brother would not be happy with it. I think maybe in the future"  

"Oh Ok" Louis said as he stood up and walked away.  

I felt bad, not just bad like you know when you take the last cookie but really really bad like when you crush the feelings of one of the people you care about most. I wanted to date Louis so badly but I know for a pure fact that Liam would be annoyed, disappointed and most of all at a loss. Louis is one of his best friends and I am his sister he would dislike the relationship between the two of us if it became a reality.  

I just sat there on my own. I couldn't find the strength in my body to get up knowing that I had hurt him.

Louis' POV---- 

I got up and left. I knew she had the best of intentions to keep her brother happy but I thought that I may have meant something to her. She was just so gorgeous and now I know I can't call her mine. I hate those questions. The ones you ask but regret after. The ones that you want answers to but your afraid of what the answer will be.  

I walked through the studio unaware of my surroundings. I was not at all with the program I was out of it, completely and utterly out of it.  

"Lou....Lou.....Louis........Louis Tomlinson!"  

I snapped back to the reality of my life.  

"Yep" I said as I turned to face Liam who had been calling me.