Books

After the cupcake business had been settled everyone went to do their usual routines in the club, Monika was helping Sayori with some math homework, Yuri was reading her book quietly and Natsuki had gone to the back of the classroom to grab her manga for her to read, however just as she hold the book in her hands more thoughts began to cross her mind.

"I'm glad Yuri liked what I made for her, she seems happier now, but I feel like I still gotta do something else, geez one step at a time Natsuki, oh screw it if I can make her day even a little better I better do it now that I have ideas of what to do". The pink haired girl put back the volumen she was going to read on her box and left it on the closet again and went to sit next to Yuri.

Yuri who had been struggling to concentrate on her book due to the recent events due to her mind filled with thoughts suddenly jumped a little when she heard a familiar voice next to her, "What'cha reading, Yuri?", the purple girl nervously opened her mouth surprised to see Natsuki next to her once again "Na-Natsuki, wha-what, I-I, umm, I-It is a horror novel..." She stopped, thinking now about what else to say thankfully for her, her newest friend asked again.

"Cool, what is it called or what is it about", surprised by the interest Natsuki was apparently showing for her book Yuri began to talk a little more fluently "I-It is called the Dark Half, and it is a-about a writer who finds out a man identical to him is committing gruesome murders and people begin to think he is the actual murderer is him and then he finds out about a death twin brother who died the day both of them were born and... Ah! So-So-Sorry I started rambling...", Natsuki leaned closer looking at the book Yuri was holding, making the taller girl blush and look away immediately.

"Don't be, it sounds interesting actually, you're like half way through it seems, heh... When you're done you could lend me that book, I kinda want to read it now", smirking now she looked at the purple haired girl who had managed to look at her again surprised and with blush still on her cheeks, "A-Ah, of co-course..." Letting her mouth talk before her brain could process what she was about to say she looked at her book.

"O-Or we could re-read it to-to-together... itsfineifyoudontwantto!", She hid her madly blushing face behind her book which caused Natsuki to blush for some reason she didn't understand as she felt a slightly warm feeling in her chest, "Tha-That would be nice yeah... You're half way through though...", Yuri once again quickly responded, surprised by her newest and unlikely confidence.

"Ye-Yes but I-I don't mind starting it over...I-I mean it is a good book after all a-and I'm probably going to e-end up reading it again a-anyway..." Natsuki smiled at her "Okay then, but I warn you, I'm a slow reader if I don't have pictures to help me understand the text and stuff, so don't complain later!".

The purple girl smiled softly setting her book on page 1 again, "I will not", seeing her friend smile so genuinely made Natsuki's heart beat a little faster, making her wonder if perhaps she was the one who actually was feeling happier with all of this.

Yuri's blush never left her face as the two of them were now reading the opening scene of the dark half, she was again having trouble concentrating on the book, but little did that matter for her as she had already read that part, what occupied her mind was now the sight of the girl sitting next to her, her big and sparkly eyes were focused on the text she was reading.

Yuri would more and more often take glances at her and notice how she sometimes would close her eyes a little apparently trying to understand or re-read what the book was saying, she would also notice her scratching her little nose slightly whenever she looked conflicted with a word in specific

She could also notice the smell of strawberry scent coming from the pink haired girl, she could feel a warmth inside her chest every time she perceived all of these things, she was wondering "Why am I feeling like this? She's just reading the book, in fact why am I even putting so much attention to her habits while she reads or to her sweet smell even, wait did I actually think that?! Well the smell is sweet to be honest so... Ugh... I should be focusing on the book not on her! But this warmth I feel does feel nice though... Ah! Focus, Yuri!".

Yuri's thought was suddenly  interrupted by another familiar voice, "Okay everyone! It's time to go home now, I forgot about the poem sharing today haha, well good for you, you are free from that homework today and tomorrow we'll just share the ones we had brought for today, so have a nice evening!", Monika finished speaking and as she had already her bag across her shoulder she looked at Sayori, indicating her it was time to go now.

"Bye girls! See ya tomorrow! Look at both sides when you cross the street and eat your veggies!" the bubbly and energetic girl said as she waved bye to  her friends and left the classroom following Monika.

"Well, time to go home then, I had fun reading that creepy stuff actually, sorry I only could read 5 pages in all this time" the pink girl smirked as she finished her sentence and went to grab her backpack.

Yuri suddenly felt a bit sad now that the little moment with her newest friend was over, she closed her book and grabbed her backpack as she headed for the exit before and small hand reached her shoulder.

"Hey, don't so fast there, wanna walk home together? I think we are going in the same direction anyway", Yuri's eyes were filled with bright once more as her heart skipped a little, "Ye-Yes! I-I mean, why not" as she smiled softly while running the fingers of the hand that wasn't holding the book across her strand of purple hair.

"Alright then move your purple ass I gotta get home before 6 or I'll miss today's episode of the anime I'm watching" Natsuki said jokingly as she walked past Yuri flashing her little fang as she smiled at her.

Yuri's little moment of happiness would be ruined as she remembered the four bullies that were probably waiting for her by the school's entrance to remind her the piece of trash she was as usual, this time worried about getting her newest friend involved she quickly began to think of how to make Natsuki go ahead of her without ruining the newly developed friendship between the two.