Protect

After Yuri's birthday celebration, the week continued normally for the literature club, or at least most of them.

Sayori's depression had been her loyal companion for some years now. It started with some downs every now and then but over the years it kept growing stronger little by little, like a parasite inside of her head.

Bad days were either completely random or caused by some sort of stress, and tests did that do her. As an aftermath, instead of feeling relieved when ty were done, all of that pilled up stress that she suppressed by doing her best to focus on not failing her subjects, along with her usual rainclouds that tended to appear more often now, made her bad days come back with full force.

After doing her best to fake happiness during Yuri's birthday which made her feel worse due to her considering herself selfish and horrible for only thinking about herself instead of being happy for Yuri.

On Friday when the club was dismissed for another nice weekend and the now not so energetic girl had managed to get through another bad week without her clubmates noticing, glad she was not a bother for anyone at least.

As usual, the Fridays were days to do some cleaning after club, it was Monika and Ryona's turn this time, to the tough girl's bad luck. Or so she thought.

Okay, no one is supposed to know about Sayori's... Issue. She, like the original Sayori, hasn't told anyone yet in this reality. I also know she's been struggling with that this past days. You know I know due to circumstances beyond my control. And I said I wouldn't interfere but she is a good friend of mine and this new girls may just be some kind of help through her problem, that way I'm not really interfering, that won't mess anything right? Anyways, let's start with this bad girl here with me.

While Ryona used the same strategy she once used with Sayori of doing the heavy work herself and let Monika do the cleaning, the brunnete broke the silence between them. "Hey, Ryona", Monika said. "What's up?", Ryona asked as she carried a chair and a desk across the room. "You should take Sayori somewhere this weekend", Monika said. "E-Eh?! Why would I do that?", Ryona replied trying to hide her red cheeks. "I thought you may wanted to spend some time with her now that we're all free from tests and that stuff", Monika said calmly. "You think she would like to go out with me? ...A-As friends of course!!", Ryona said capitalizing quickly as she blushed harder. "Definitely! She doesn't get to go out that much on her free days aside from going somewhere with her parents every now and then or occasionally hang out with me", Monika explained. "And also... Don't tell her I told you but she's been feeling kind of down these days, some distraction could really help", Monika added. "Very well, where could I take her though?", Ryona asked more determined now. "Anywhere is fine, I bet she would just be thankful that you got some time for her", Monika winked at the delinquent girl. "Y-Yeah! I wanted to do something to celebrate I didn't fail anything anyway", Ryona laughed awkwardly. "Good luck then", Monika said with a good grin on her face.

The next day, after some research and planning about what Ryona refused to call dates, she headed to the bubbly girl's house around noon, hoping it would be a nice surprise for her.

Sayori was still laying on her bed with the sheets and pillows all over her, just wishing the rainclouds would go away already. Her parents have gone out to visit some family, they invited her to come along but Sayori politely turned them down saying she felt a little sick.

To her surprise, the door bell rang around noon that Saturday and she wondered who could it be since she didn't really have that guests too often. The girl reluctantly got up and without even brushing her hair to hide that bedhead of hers, she rushed downstairs to the door.

The delinquent girl started feeling more and more nervous when she heard rushed footsteps getting closer. She put her hands inside the pockets of her jeans and tried to keep a cool pose.