Bookstore

Yuri and Natsuki were on her way to the bookstore after club activities were over. They walked side by side without saying too much just enjoying each others company until they finally reached their destination.

"Okay, here we are", Yuri said smiling happily as they entered inside the store. "So, what do you want to do first?", Natsuki asked as she looked around at the multiple shelves there. "Umm I-I want to go look at t-the horror books se-section if that is fine with you?", the taller girl said as she ran her fingers across one of her purple strands of hair. "Sure thing purple buddy" Natsuki replied with smile flashing her small canine at Yuri, which made the shy one blush slightly. "Thank you", she said as they headed to the horror section.

"Ah l-look! They finally brought The Outsider! I-I have been wanting to read this one for a while now", the purple haired girl said excited as she grabbed the book from the shelf. "Heh, what is it about?", the shorter girl replied as she walked next to her friend and looked at the book she was holding. "Oh it is about a crime where a boy's violated corpse is found and then investigation leads to one of the most popular citizens in town as the culprit and even though he has an alibi, all the evidence against him like DNA tests, witnesses and the sort clearly point to him being the murderer. But as the investigation progresses it supposedly turns into something darker that you would have never expected and then... Ah! So-So-Sorry I rambled too much, d-didn't I?", Yuri quickly hide her blushing face out of embarrassment behind the book she was holding, which Natsuki found extremely adorable but didn't admit it to herself yet. "H-Hey, relax it's okay, I'm surprised how you didn't even stuttered at all when you were talking about that, it's actually cool seeing you talking so passionate about something you like. No-Not that that makes you less of dummy though!", the pink tsundere said as she looked off to the side blushing slightly. "Re-really? You t-think I am co-cool?", Yuri said still hiding her blushing mess behind the book. "We-Well kinda, not that you're cooler than me though! And like I said no less of a purple dummy!", the pink haired girl said pointing her finger at her with her cheeks still red as apples. "T-Thank you", the taller girl simply replied with a soft smile and blush on her face. "A-Anyway! So you're buying that one?", Natsuki asked now more composed. "Yes, of course I am!", Yuri smiled happily. "It sounds interesting s-so I might as well read it with you, if you don't mind..." The pink haired said as her face slowly started to heat up again. "Ye-Yes, I would like that", the bookworm replied looking at her book and smiling as that familiar warmth appeared inside her chest again. "You better not start reading it without me just because you were so excited for it or I'll hate you forever!", the shorter girl said putting her hands on her hips in her typical tsundere motion. "I will not, I promise", Yuri said smiling at her which just made Natsuki's cheeks go as red as the circle in the japanese flag.

After looking at some of the other books Yuri wanted to read as well but not as much yet, Natsuki noticed a familiar book with an eye on the cover to which the title read in creepy letters "Portrait of Markov" and remembered Yuri was reading that one when she first joined the literature club. "Hey, isn't that the book you were reading when I joined the club?", the shorter girl asked knowing the answer already. "Oh, yes, it is one of my favorite books of all time actually... Wait h-how did you know I was r-reading that, you ne-never asked me anything about it back then...", Yuri said running her fingers through her strands of hair nervously. "A-Ah, well that cover is hard to forget and you read that for quite a while, I think you even read it twice in a row. NOt thAt I waS PayInG aTTentIoN to yOU or AnYThinG!!, Natsuki replied with her face burning as the flames of Hades at that last line.  Yuri giggled happily as that warm and lovely feeling continued to kick in.

They kept talking about the books Yuri had read already and her major favorites until they finally went to the register and paid for her new book. They decided to leave the store and before they started to head home Natsuki tugged her friends sleeve softly, "Umm there's a park nearby and I was wondering if you still have time we could go there and read your new book for a while?". Yuri's eyes opened in surprise as she instantly replied, "Y-YES! I-I mean that would be g-great...", she said looking off to the ground smiling softly. "Alright then, let's go and for the record, it's just because I don't trust you about not starting to read it without me okay?!", the pink haired girl said looking away and crossing her arms on her chest. Yuri giggled once again at the cute sight which of course just made Natsuki's cheeks go red once more.

Both girls arrived at a small park with a classic fountain on the center. They decided to sit under a tree as they began reading the latest acquisition in Yuri's collection. "Remember, no complaining about my slow read got it?", the feisty girl said frowning her brows as she looked at her taller friend in threatening manner. "Clear as water", Yuri replied with a smile as they began to read.

A few pages into the book, Yuri started to feel her eyes getting tired, despite the book being great so far she felt she could doze off at any moment. She was about to ask her shorter friend if they could continue tomorrow when she felt something's suddenly laying softly on her shoulder. Yuri's dizziness disappeared instantly when she turned her head to find Natsuki fast asleep on her shoulder, hearing quiet snores coming from her which Yuri believed were the most adorable thing in this world. "Oh my dear god, Natsuki is sleeping on my shoulder!! She's so freaking adorable!! Just listen to that cute snoring! ... For the love of Budha, stop thinking weird stuff Yuri! Okay, what now, should I wake her up and tell her we should go home? ...No. I'm probably going to hate myself for this but I'm going to take a nap too and pretend I was asleep too and didn't  notice her laying on my-", Yuri's train of thought crashed as she felt two small and thin arms wrapping around her own, she turned her head slowly to see how Natsuki made herself comfortable nuzzling her face against her shoulder while she hugged her arm softly. "There's no way I can even pretend to be asleep now", despite thinking this, Yuri's face which burned with heat of 10 supernovas combined slowly began to close her eyes.

Natsuki didn't even notice when she started to doze off or for how long was she asleep but just as she started opening her eyes her face heat up immediately making her retrieve her consciousness instantly as she realized what she was doing. The pink haired girl quickly removed her arms from her friends own along with her head and sat up straight. "Shit, shit, shit, okay, calm down Nats, she's still asleep so she hopefully didn't notice, I just hope she didn't notice when I fell asleep on her, well if she had she would've done something... Wouldn't she? Anyway! How long did I sleep? what time is it? Shit" Natsuki looked at the time as she looked at the sky where the sun was about to set at any moment, she then began shaking Yuri gently to wake her up, "Yuri, hey wake up!". The taller girl rubbed her eyes as she opened them and looked at her pink friend still seemingly dizzy, "Umm, Natsuki? What time is it?". The shorter one stood up and extended her hand to her purple haired friend, "it's time to go! Come on". Yuri, reached her hand and stood up still trying to shake off her dizziness.

"Looks like everything went good in the end, she didn't say anything about her sleeping on my shoulder, well not that she would" Yuri giggled quietly at the thought now fully awake while the two walked together in direction to her respective homes. They finally reached the place where they usually part ways and said goodbye to each other. "T-Thank you very much for t-today, Natsuki I really had fun", Yuri said blushing and smiling softly at her friend. "Y-Yeah no problem, I had some fun too... Anyways, see you at school tomorrow, bye!" She said as she quickly turned around and started running home. Yuri simply smiled as she saw her vanish in the distance.

"I hope papa is too tired to do anything today too, please god let him be too tired"

Later that night.

Markov's demoiselle: I really had a lot of fun today, even if you did not, I am still thankful you accompanied me today.
Master of cupcakes: oh come on you purple lady I told you I had fun too!
(눈‸눈)
Markov's demoiselle: Hehehe, alright, alright ❤️
Master of cupcakes: ❤️
Markov's demoiselle: You really are the best
Markov's demoiselle: Oh my god, I am sorry! I got carried away, please do not think I am being weird!
Master of cupcakes: chill your purple butt, you're not saying anything I didn't know already, I AM the best 乁 ˘ o ˘ ㄏ
Markov's demoiselle: Humble as always hehe
Master of cupcakes: ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌