Letter

The girl that loved space, Omiko Imai, had lost the opportunity of getting close to Sayori during winter break due to the parents traveling to a small town in the North of Japan to visit family, bringing her along to spend Christmas and the new year there.

During her trip, she tried to text Sayori as much as she could, or rather as much as her shyness let her, since she didn't want to bother her too much. She decided to give it all she had to get Sayori to like her more than just friends, setting it as a New year goal.

As the school was about to start, Omiko returned home and prepared to go back to school the next day, excited to see Sayori once again.

The next day, Monday morning, she woke up very early and got ready in no time, and since her dad always drove her to school before going to work, she thought of waiting for him in the car, parked in front of her house.

The girl with the green mint hair opened her front door and close it back as she told her father to hurry up, in a very cheerful voice, which her father himself was glad to hear since she was always cool and collected.

Omiko turned around and began walking down the small road among the still covered in snow grass when she suddenly felt something on her feet that almost caused her to trip.

The glasses girl looked at the ground and started to feel uneasy as she found the book her and Sayori had been reading for the past two months. It didn't take long for her to make sure it was hers and not a copy as she opened the first page and saw the smile face Sayori drew one time among their many 15 minute spans of time to read together.

What was most noticeable however, was a piece of white paper sticking out between the pages. Omiko pulled it out and unfolded it only to see what it appeared to be a letter.

With everyone coming back refreshed from a nice break, the atmosphere in school was lovely that day, and that of course included the literature club.

"Okay everyone! Since it's out first day back at school, let's do something different shall we? We can go back to the routine tomorrow. Now I want you to pick a partner, that isn't me since I'll be monitoring the activity, which will be discussing a book or anything you had read during the break. We need to get to know each other more and act like a club for once instead of each of you being on your own business as always. And Natsuki and Yuri, you two have to choose different partners for this activity, because I know you're already planning to pair up.", Monika finished explained as she looked at the couple already holding hands now making a disappointed face.

"I want to be Natsuki-senpai's partner!", Omiko suddenly spoke raising her hand. "Okay, Natsuki go talk to Omiko", Monika said as Natsuki gripped Yuri's arm gently, which her body language translated as 'Talk to you later'.

"Umm what did you read during the break, senpai?", Omiko asked shyly. "I re-read some of Parfait Girls volumes and you?", Natsuki replied. "Is that a book?", Omiko asked ignoring Natsuki's question. "It's a manga", Natsuki said. "O-Oh, and what is it about?", Omiko said trying to seem interested. "About a group of girls that bake sweets and her daily adventures, you know, slice of life", Natsuki explained. "That sounds nice, I, umm, I would like to read it sometime", Omiko said looking away shyly. "Really?", Natsuki asked a little surprised. "Y-Yes! I mean, why not?", Omiko replied trying to hide her nervousness. "Well, I could lend you the first volumes if you want!", Natsuki said smiling happy. "T-That would be great", Omiko replied smiling back.

Yuri whose partner ended up being Sayori, was catching up with the latest in Sayori's life as she continued rambling about what she did during the break which was everything but reading.

The bookworm then decided to steal a glance at her girlfriend hoping she would notice and maybe get one of her lovely smiles.

However, the second she turned her head her head and body temperature started to rise. She felt something strange in her stomach, as if someone had just thrown a blow at it. Her pupils dilated as she now stared blankly at the other side of the classroom where her girlfriend was.