Blushes

(Yowie wowie! Over a hundred reads, I certainly didn't expect this thing to be read at all, thank you very much for taking some of your precious time to give this thing a chance)

"She must think I'm weird, I got all nervous and embarrassed for something so meaningless. I couldn't even manage to say anything after that. I mean wiping something out of others face has to be something normal for friends at least, right? Well, not that I know much about that. I mean she was just kind enough to not let me go back to class with food on my face, god knows what could've happened if some of those jerks saw me like that. God, why am I so pathetic? I really doubt she would want to read with me today, she probably thinks I'm going to make that awkward as well. Why do I have to ruin everything always... As the final bell rang, breaking Yuri out of her train of thought, she grabbed her stuff and went to the literature club not as excited as she was the previous day at all.

Once again, she was the first to arrive unsurprisingly. She went to her usual seat and took out her book and she went back to read it where she had left off before starting over to read with Natsuki, convinced the shorter girl would not read with her today. She just wanted to distract herself from that.

A few minutes passed and Yuri was already engaged on her book that she didn't notice the pink tsundere crossing the door. Natsuki was about to say hi to get Yuri's attention as she realized this but immediately stopped as she also realized her taller friend was reading her book back to where she was a few days ago. Natsuki felt upset as they were supposed to read it together, she was about to go to the back of the classroom to read on her own but remembered that her friend was acting different since the incident during lunch. The pink haired girl had been cursing herself ever since then thinking why had she done that and that she could've just told her directly instead of wiping the food almost off her lips, she was sure Yuri thought she was weird now. Despite all of this, she also remembered she promised herself to fix things and do something to make Yuri went back to her recently happy self.

Yuri was now focused on her book, oblivious to her surroundings until she felt something familiarly small and soft poking her nose, making her almost jump out of her chair barely managing to get a hold on her book. "I thought we were supposed to read together you dummy", she looked at what was next to her or rather who was next to her as the pink haired girl crossed her arms and looked away clearly upset. Yuri didn't like to see her friend with such expression but at the same time felt some kind of relief that she was actually talking to her and even still wanted to read together. "Na-Natsuki! I-I am so sorry, I thought umm, you mi-might wanted to read your own stuff today, yo-you do not have to force yourself to read with me...", Yuri said as she looked at the floor blushing softly. "Why would you think that? If I didn't want to read with you I would be reading my manga right now duh!", the feisty girl said putting her hands on her hips as she continued, "agh! Just move your purple butt and get that chair closer so I can sit down!", she ordered as Yuri obediently pulled the chair closer. She flipped the pages returning to where she and Natsuki had left off the previous day as her friend sat. "Umm a-are you ready now?", Yuri asked as she looked at her book, "Ye ye, ah, wait umm I see you're wearing some rubor again, you-you really look pre- I mean good!", Natsuki said as she looked away, her face red as tomatoes. Yuri's face became no different from her friends as she stuttered her way to reply, "Tha-Thank you, Natsuki", a soft smile formed on the shy bookworms face as she again felt that newly familiar warmth inside her chest she had grown fond of. "Umm also, I wanted to ask you... D-Do you have somewhere you like to go? Like somewhere you go to enjoy yourself or just chill out", Yuri was a bit surprised at the sudden question but as she actually had a place in mind she replied, "We-Well I like to go to the bookstore sometimes, I-I usually go there to buy any new book I want, but I do not go there that often because I feel lonely being there by myself and... Ah, no! W-What I mean is...", Yuri didn't finish her sentence as she felt a small and soft hand resting on top of her own, "Well you won't have to feel lonely anymore, you're lucky you now have someone so cool to scort you there! not that I'm doing it for you or anything! I just happen to go there sometimes as well to look at the latest manga you know!", the smaller girl said blushing hot red as she just realized where her hand was and immediate removed it. Yuri felt her face as hot as the setting sun but at the same time feeling an ever nicer and warmer feeling inside her chest as she surprisingly found herself staring at her pink tsundere friend with sparkling purple eyes. Natsuki realized her purple haired friend was entranced at looking at her with an adorable expression and felt an almost identical feeling as the taller girl was, looking directly in her beautiful sparkling purple eyes but immediately looking away as she felt heat enough to melt down the south pole rushing to her face and finally speaking again, "Umm, well I happen to have some time to spare today after school, so... I wouldn't mind going with you today... if you want of course!, Yuri still unconsciously staring at her shorter friend nodded her head slowly and said, "I would love to...", Natsuki blushed even harder if that was even possible and grabbed the book pulling it a little closer to her, "okay, we have a deal then, now let's go back to reading, I wanna know what's up with this George Stark dude", Yuri was broke from her trance, her cheeks still soft red as she stuttered, "A-Ah, y-yes, let us continue". The two girls started their reading as Yuri found herself smiling again.

Shortly after, the girls paused her reading as they heard two familiar voices. "See I told you, now give my 500 yen", the girl with the white ribbon said as she extended her palm to the girl with the peach colored hair standing next to her clearly disappointed, "aww man! I was sure they would be at least cuddling today! Since yesterday they were feeding each other and everything!", she said as she reached for something in her bag and finally dropped some coins on the brunnetes palm, "Sorry for you but I told you they would take it slow!". Sayori pouted as she looked at both girls reading and spoke, "Geez guys, why weren't you kissing or something, you have cost me money!". Natsuki and Yuri's face went red as the flames of hell as Natsuki quickly replied, "What the hell are you two saying you big idiots!!", Monika giggled and said, "Don't blame me! Sayori is the one who thought you being so aggressive would go straight to the action, I always supported the idea of you taking it nice and slow!", Natsuki and Yuri's faces burnt like the flames of Olympus, only for Natsuki to grab a pen from her backpack and throw it to Sayori certainly hoping to take one of her eyes at least, the bubbly girl dodge it luckily. Monika picked the pen from the floor and gave it back to the pink haired girl who seemed to be more calmed now, "You two are lucky I'm in a good mood today, I'll let you live to see another day believe it or not", the shorter girl said as Yuri giggled quietly which made Natsuki's heart beat faster for a moment. "Hehehe, alrighty then! You two lovebirds can go back to your business, we won't bother you anymore!", the girl with the red bow said as she headed to her seat followed by Monika, to which Natsuki simply replied, "Don't push your luck Sayori".