DI: 53

Amora waited in the doctors room while Ice stayed on the phone so he could ask questions. Today was her first prenatal visit and she was nervous and excited at the same time. She wished ice was here so they could see the baby together but, as long as he was alive she was grateful.

"Where the doctor at?" Ice asked as I kicked my feet back and forth, in deep thought. He was getting better slowly but surely. The hospital wanted to keep him for an extra week before they sent him home. Since he was shot in the stomach they wanted to watch him carefully and make sure the bullet in his back didn't move. They recommend surgery but ice was adamant about it he was scared of what could go wrong. He has two kids on the way and being paralyzed wouldn't do him any good so, he had a lot to think about.

"I don't know bae" I said before looking at the phone, seeing him making a face of discomfort. "What's wrong" I asked. He was clearly hurting and wasn't going to say anything, he wanted to do everything he could to leave the hospital early and he knew complaining about pain wouldn't make that happen.

"Nothing I'm cool baby" he lied making me suck my teeth and roll my eyes. The door opened and the doctor stepped into the room, sending me a smile.

"Hi, mom how's your day going?" She asked.

"Good, how about you" she sanitized her hands before putting on a paint of gloves. I switched my phone in my other hand and shook her hand.

"I'm good, do you know how far along you are" she asked, pulling the machine by the bed and hooking it up.

"I found out I was pregnant July seventh the lady told me I was already three weeks so that means I got pregnant around June sixteenth or seventeenth it's July twenty-first, I'm a month" the doctor seemed impressed as her eyebrows shot up.

"A full run down I love a dedicated mother is this your first baby" I nodded my head. "Well congratulations to motherhood it's the best feeling In the world" the doctor smiled.

"Will dad be joining us?"

"He's on the phone" I turned the phone around so she could see ice who was already looking at the camera making me laugh. He was unintentionally funny.

"Hi dad, a beautiful mother and handsome dad that's one lucky baby" we laughed. "So, today I'll be doing a full physical exam that means I'll be checking your weight and blood pressure"

"You'll also get a pelvic, breast exam and a Pap test to check for cervical cancer and any sexually transmitted diseases, is that okay with you?"

"Yes ma'am"

"Any questions before we get stared"

"What typa food can she eat" ice asked.

"She can eat anything just try not to eat a lot of greasy foods and focus more on salads, fruits, vegetables things in that matter" he stroked his chin and nodded his head.

"I haven't been experiencing any symptoms as much as I was when I found out is something wrong" I asked concerned.

"Not at all a lot of my moms have told me the same thing our bodies tend to see pregnancy as a virus so if you aren't throwing up or having dizziness you should be happy most mothers are sick for the whole nine months"

"One more thing it's ight if we have sex" I looked at the camera and he licked his lips. "Don't act like you ain't wanna know too" I shook my head.

"Yes, it's okay to have sex that actually helps around your due date the baby could come on time" I nodded my head, making sure I remembered that.
__
Walking out of the doctors office I looked at the ultrasound pictures, smiling. The baby was literally the size of a nut it was crazy I got inside my car and turned the camera so Ice could see. He smiled from ear to ear, taking screenshots of the ultrasound.

"Damn, you having my baby" he said making my stomach erupt with butterflies. I started the car and whipped out of the parking lot, making my way back to the hospital. Putting on my signal I waited until it was safe for me to turn.

"I can't believe I'm stuck with you" he chuckled. "She gave me some vitamins and I gotta take em everyday" making a right I pressed on the gas.

"That mean I gotta remind yo ass cause you forget quick" sucking my teeth I made a face. "Lie and say you don't"

"I don't even forget that much and she said I won't grow really big since this my first pregnancy"

"Ight, you heard what she said about that food shit right" he asked.

"Yeah" I laughed. Pulling into the hospitals parking lot I found a parking spot and turned off the car. "I'm outside I'll be in there in a lil bit" I grabbed my purse and got out, locking my doors at least five times before heading to the entrance.

"Nah stay on the phone until you get in here" smiling, I clicked the elevator button and waited until the doors opened. I got on the elevator and sent a friendly smile to the doctor who was already on. I was about to click the floor I was going on until I already seen it was done.

"Man" he groaned.

"When I get there imma get a doctor cause you so hard headed that shit be pissing me off" getting off the elevator I made my way to his room and hung up once I got close. Opening the door I stale faced him and put my bag on the chair. Grabbing the remote I clicked the button that alerted the doctors and waited for one of them to come.

"I told you I'm good can I get a kiss damn" I ignored him and watched the male doctor lift up his gown, revealing a bloody patch. He groaned as his head fell back onto the pillow I shook my head. This man so damn stubborn it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

"Your actually not, your stitches opened up" the doctor grabbed the stuff he needed to stitch him back up before looking at me. "He's been moving more than he should be so could you call a family member or someone close to him to watch him" the doctor began to stitch him back.

"Most of us doctors are pretty busy throughout the day and it's hard to keep up with everyone at once" I nodded my head and watched as he patched ice up.

"Thank you" I kept my eye on him as the doctor left us alone I was about to chew his ass the fuck out. "You wanna die" he sucked his teeth.

"Can I get a kiss" he looked at me.

"Ezekiel Aba-the-fuck-Di"

"I'm sorry bae I won't do it again I promise" I uncrossed my hands and walked over to the bed, laying next to him. Grabbing his face I kissed him on the lips and draped my arm over him enough to where I wouldn't hurt him.

"I love you" he said sleepily.

"I love you too"