DI: 8

"Ma, where you at?" Walking into my mom's house that she shared with my father I followed her voice into the kitchen. Pulling out the stool I sat down and thanked her when she passed me a plate with food on it.

"How you been, boy? You didn't forget about ya' mama nah I hope" chuckling I looked at her and shook my head.

"Of course not I just been caught up with work you know having the club and the dealership it's hard"

"mhm I understand but a text letting me know that your ok and that you love me would be nice" my mom always had a way of making me feel bad.

"My bad ma from now on I'll send you a text" smiling to herself she looked at La'Shay- my little sister who walked in on her phone with a big smile on her face, ignoring my presence. Catching her by surprise I called her name and gave her one of my stares.

"Oh! Hey brother I didn't see you, I've missed you so much" putting her phone into her back pocket she engulfed me in a hug trying to act all sweet. Pushing her off, her buzzing phone caught my attention instead.

"Damn, who blowing you up like that" I looked at my mom who decided to turn her attention to the stove making me suspicious. "Folks I know that ain't no nigga texting you like that" sucking her teeth she rolled her eyes and huffed.

"Ezekiel I'm not a little girl anymore you or Ced can't control my life neither can mom or dad so just leave me alone, please" finding humor in her statement I laughed and stroked my chin trying not to flip out on her.

"You're sixteen- years old the fuck you mean you not a little girl anymore" standing up on my two feet my mom shook her head. Walking into her space I squinted my eyes and looked down at her. "Let me find out you doing some shit you don't have any business imma tear that ass up, ya hear me?" La'Shays eyes became watery and she turned her back on me, going upstairs.

I've never wanted to be the overbearing brother but she's my only sister and I knew what type of boys were out here today. I trust my sisters judgement but so far the boys that my mom has came and told me should already be dead.

"She's growing up Ezekiel you have to let her go someday"

"Someday, just not today I don't give a fuck about her being all happy and shit cause when them lil niggas be breaking her 'not a little girl anymore' ass heart she go crying to you then expects for me to shake sum, hell no"

"You know better than to be cursing in ya mama house" a loud voice could be heard and I turned around, dapping up my dad. He walked around the Island and went towards my mom. "You gon' get enough of letting them do what they want" I became uncomfortable when he went behind her and buried his head in her neck as they leaned against the counter top.

"Yo y'all tripping I'm finna go" they were laughing but I was dead serious. They asses was too old for all that freaky shit and ion wanna be seeing that, at all. Checking my phone as I walked out the house I scrunched up my face seeing as though amora didn't text me back. Two days after I gave her my number she used it and a nigga was happy.

So far I've learned that Amora wasn't the type to not text back so I was kind of worried. Pulling out of my parents driveway I made my way over to her place.

TO BE CONTINUED