DI: 54

Racing through the hospital I clicked on the button so the elevator doors could open. I was trying to get to ice they said he would be going into surgery an hour ago I was hoping he was still in the room. After talking and coming to an agreement he wanted to take the bullet out of his back. I was supposed to been back but things were changing at school since I'm pregnant. I was going to start putting in more hours to finish earlier than everyone else I didn't want to be in school for the whole nine months of my pregnancy.

I barged through the door and he wasn't there they had already took him for surgery. Slouching my shoulders my bottom lip began to quiver as I looked at his mother who was sitting by an empty bed, gripping the covers. I went to the end of the bed and bent over, putting both hands in front of my mouth.

"When did they take him" I asked no one in particular. I couldn't feel anything in the room but sadness and it was draining. I just needed to see him before he left anything could go wrong, anything. That thought brought devastation upon me it made me want to go away and never come back.

"At least twenty minutes ago" I covered my eyes and sniffed. "He tried to wait for you that nigga was bouta throw a fit but the doctors wanted to hurry and do it they said something bout the bullet potentially infecting him some shit like that" Jerrell said as I rocked back and forth. Standing up I covered my mouth with the back of my hand and sat down in the nearest chair. I pulled out my phone and went to my gallery his face was the first one that popped up.

Running across a picture I laughed before wiping my nose. In the picture he had the biggest smile on his face as I kissed his chin. We had went to the beach to clear our minds and just be together. We had so much fun. I miss him so much and I wish I would've came sooner.

"Ay remember the day y'all first met and he left that nigga texted me that same night talking bout 'oh yeah she gon be mine imma marry her'." Jerrell said making everyone in the room laugh.

"He would always talk about you Amora every chance he got sometimes he would just call me and our conversation would consist of you" La'Shay said reaching over, grabbing my hand.

"I'm glad my son met you, you bring out a side of him I've never seen before" his mother said before getting up and walking over to me. "Let's pray" she smiled and grabbed my hand. We all stood up and joined hands, going into a circle.

"Heavenly father, I ask that you keep your hands wrapped around my son you've been able to keep my family under your shield and I ask that you continue to do so, Heavenly Father bless the hands that ask for your guidance, bless these children and let them live throughout their days with nothing but joy happiness" Suddenly the room felt different it felt like someone was here with us, watching us. "Heavenly father, I ask that you forgive us for all of our sins and keep us on our righteous path" a chill ran down my back making me look up. Mariah and I looked at each other like she felt the same thing I felt. Squeezing his mother's hand I closed my eyes and continued to listen.

"Amen" we all said. I hugged his mother and smiled as she rubbed my back up and down. As the family talked about memories of ice and enjoyed each other's company on the other side of the city Dwight and Cedric were plotting against the man that hurt their brother. Sitting in the drivers seat with a black hoodie on Dwight clenched the steering wheel, watching the mans house like a hawk. It wasn't hard finding him especially when money was involved people talked like they were about to be locked up for life.

"You ready?" Cedric asked pulling from the blunt that was in between his lips. He blew the smoke from his lips and gripped the gun that sat on his lap. Dwight looked at Cedric and nodded his head he was more than ready. He would lay anybody behind his. They got out of the car and walked towards the mans house, going around the back making sure they weren't being watched. Now at the back of the house they popped the sliding door open and creeped into the house.

It was pitch black and it reeked like no one had cleaned in days. Watching their step the two men who seeked vengeance creeped up the stairs and stopped at the door where loud snores were coming from. Chuckling lowly Cedric slowly opened the door and looked at the man who hurt his brother.

Circling around the bed Dwight dragged the gun against the covers, pulling them off his body. The man turned on his side unaware of Cedric who was directly in his face before he felt a presence, making him pop up.

"Shh" Cedric put his index finger against his mouth as the man visibly started shaking scared for his life. "Sit up" the man sat against his headboard taking that moment to look at Dwight who's head was cocked to the side with a crooked smile on his face.

"You say a word and I'll beat yo ass" he grabbed a picture that had an elderly lady on it. "Hmm this your mother" he asked with a raised brow.

"I swear if yo-" his sentence was cut short as he hit him upside the head with the gun cutting the side of his head. Blood leaked from his head as Cedric rubbed the picture against the front of his pants. The man groaned in disgust as he watched what Cedric did to his mothers picture.

"You wanna beat an innocent woman and shoot her on top of that I got something for you but" Cedric put the picture down and put a finger in the air causing the man to jump in fear. "Before we get into that anything you wanna say that could possibly change my mind about killing you" the man didn't know if he should speak or not so he kept his mouth shut.

"You can speak"

"I-I'm sorry I just wanted to get revenge for my sister he killed my sister M-Maylean Cortez she was innocent, she didn't deserve what happened to her please you have to understand" the man cried out trying to get the two men to forgive him for what he did but nothing would change their minds, nothing.

"Open yo mouth" Braelyn shook his head as he looked at Dwight who was walking to where he was.

"Please, P-Please I'll do anything"

"Open yo fucking mouth" Cedric snarled. Braelyn opened his mouthed and closed his eyes shut as he put the tip of the silencer in his mouth. Dwight pulled the gun from his waist and did the same thing. The distressed man began to say things but his words were coming out muffled from two guns being in his mouth.

"Say wassup to my uncle for me pussy" like clock work the two pulled their triggers and didn't even flinch as the mans head hit the back of the headboard. His blood splattered everywhere, which brought them nothing but satisfaction.