DI: 66

I've been in the hospital for four hours now, waiting for some type of progress with the baby. I was induced however, I was currently experiencing inefficient contractions. My doctor told me they wanted to wait it out to see if I would began dilating faster but, there was no change. The door opened and ice walked in, making me smile. He pulled a chair beside me and grabbed my hand.

"What's going on nah" he asked, rubbing his thumb over my fingers as I felt myself starting to get emotional. I used my right hand to cover my eyes and sniffed with tears followed behind it. "Baby everything gon be alright" he tried moving my hand from my face.

"I'm scared ice somethings wrong" I cried harder, unable to calm down. "She said if I don't show any sign of progression w-within the next couple of hours they gon have to do an emergency c-section" I hiccuped. Feeling the snot roll down my nose, I still cried.

"Ay, ay listen to me man" he removed my hand from my face and I sucked my lip into my mouth to stop it from shaking. "Everything good baby in a couple more minutes the doctor gon walk in to tell us some good news, Ight" I nodded my head.

"Get out yo head you thinking too much if you do end up having a c-section imma be right there by you holding yo hand" I blinked the tears away. "Imma still be in love with you, imma still be here with you ain't shit gon change" I hiccuped.

"B-But I'll have a scar" he put his head down and sighed before squeezing my hand.

"You think I give a fuck about a scar? you remember after I got shot and I was healed an shit you kissed my wounds" I nodded my head. "I'm gon do the same thing baby I love the fuck outta you and I'm grateful for you I'll love you even more if you do have a scar because it'll remind me of our daughter"

"I look pass all that I only see you, you hear me" he grabbed my chin and pecked me on the lips. "Tighten up man for real you gon deliver our baby and we gon be straight" I kissed him again and smiled. You see this is what I loved the most about him. Regardless of the ups and downs, the babymama drama and everything else this man is so supportive and caring. The love that he shows me even when we clash is out of this world and because of that I'll love him forever.

"I love you" he smiled at me and licked his lips.

"I love you too mamas" there was a knock and the doctor walked in with a smile gracing her face.

"How are you feeling" she asked, standing in front of me with a clipboard in her hand.

"Better" she nodded her head and sat down in front of me.

"I'm going to check your cervix to see if you have dilated" once I propped my legs up she stuck two fingers inside of my cervix, which was a little uncomfortable. My heart hammered against my chest when she blew a breath and stood up. "Okay mom it's been an hour and you've only went up one centimeter" I looked at ice and he kissed the back of my hand.

"What I'm going to do is give you oxytocin it's a drug and what it'll do is increase the strength and frequency of your contractions so your cervix can open up quicker" I watched as she inserted the drug into the intravenous.

"How many times y'all usually gotta do this" Ice asked.

"Not often, slow birth rarely happens here but when it does we know what has to be done in order for everything to go smoothly, don't worry she's in great hands dad" the doctor laughed at how worried ice seemed she liked that he asked the question it showed actual interest. "I will be honest there are some downsides the oxytocin could cause your babies heart rate to go up and if that happens we'll have to take you off the drug" I nodded my head.

"I will be checking on you every ten minutes to make sure everything is going well"

**

Ice rubbed my back as I moaned out in pain the contractions we're definitely starting to kick in every two to three minutes, leaving me in so much pain. I was glad that my labor was actually starting to speed up considering the fact that we been here for like eight hours now. A tear slipped from my eye as I felt the pain all in my back.

"Mhmmm" I whined.

"I got you" ice continued to rub my back until we heard the door open and my doctor walked in again. I appreciated her as well she was checking up on me and making sure I was okay like she said she would.

"Okay Amora let's see how far we've gotten" she did the normal procedure and checked my cervix again. "Everything is going perfectly fine you're currently seven centimeters dilated only a couple more minutes and you'll be able to meet your babygirl" I smiled but stopped once I felt another contraction coming.

"Ughh I can't do this Ezekiel, I can't" I gripped the bed and stuffed my face in the pillowing, screaming.

"You almost done just keep going" he said in my ear and I licked my lips, ready for this to be over with. "When we get up out this hospital I got a surprise for you" he kissed my forehead.

"It better not be a car or another truck I like my lamb" he laughed and shook his head.

"You a trip" he kept me occupied while I continued to feel my contractions. They were long and painful but after waiting for about thirty to thirty-five minutes my doctor and about six other doctors came into my room. It was time.

"Ah shit bae it's time" Ice said excitedly, helping me adjust my body to where I was comfortable. "Fuck I'm nervous" I could feel his hand shaking in mines making me chuckle.

"Dad, I need you to use your other hand to hold her leg up and Amora I need you to do the same" I put my free hand in the crease of my leg and felt the urge to push. "Don't push yet" she called out.

"You ready" I nodded my head eagerly. "On three I want you to push" I squeezed Ice's hand and pushed when she said three. I didn't get an epidural because I was too wrapped around me possibly having a c-section that I forgot to ask so it felt like boy body was being ripped apart each time I pushed especially when I was beginning to feel her come out.

"Fuck! this shit hurt" I screamed. It literally felt like my coochie was being cut open by a big ass machete. "oh my god, oh my god" I repeated.

"Come on Amora your doing good just one more big push" I shut my eyes and pushed like my life depended on it, squeezing the shit out of ice's hand. I felt her squeeze through me causing me to scream loud as hell. "Oh she's beautiful" I smiled and fell back onto the bed with a lone tear falling down my face.