Made in Heaven

Queen's last studio album Made in Heaven was released on the 6th of November 1995. Because of Freddie's death, it shot straight to number one but, of course, the band did not take the album on tour.

In fact, Brian and Roger are both working on their own solo projects while John is spending his time with his family.

In the first few months of 1996 Queen were informed of the statue being put up in Freddie's memory, however, a sight in London was proving hard to find.

"Why can't it just be put anywhere we want?" Amelia frowns listening to the conversation Brian was having with Roger and John.

"Sadly it's not that easy," John smiles laughter line crinkle around his eyes.

"No we have to get permission and every sight we've found has been turned down," Brian huffs informing her.

"Then why not put it in a different country? The press never treated my dad right in London for the last few years of his life, he had to find peace elsewhere."

Roger sighs, "Because we're a British band and London was Freddie's..."

"Actually..." Brian interrupts him, "She makes a good point. Freddie's loved London but he also had a home in Montreux and we have the studio there, it would make sense to but it there if not in London. Good shout Milly," He praised her.

Amelia smiles, scarily she is going to be eleven in just three months and starts her last year of primary school in September. Time has flown by and though Brian is excited to see her grow, he also wants her to stay this sweet little girl, who in her world if you want to do something you just do it.

Around April they found a suitable site elsewhere in Montreux, Switzerland. The sight looks over lake Geneva, not far from the studio's that belongs to Queen and the flat Freddie has there.

The bronze statue was made and completed in Montreux around October and the unveiling ceremony will be held on the 25th of November, the day after the 5th anniversary of Freddie's death.

------

The plane journey over on the 24th was a sombre one, no light chatter and no children playing. Amelia sat by the window staring out of it lost in thought, Brian beside her.

Because of the nature of the event, Amelia has been given the week off by her school to be here. She is the only Queen child to be going because it's her dad, the other's stay at home.

Jim meets them in Montreux and of course, Roger and John are going with Debbie and Veronica. Mary will be there as will Miami, Jer, Bomi and Kash as well as a few others that Freddie was great friends with including Montserrat Caballe, Elton John and David Bowie.

Given that the place now belongs to Amelia, Brian, Anita, Jim and herself will stay in Freddie's flat. While the other's make their own arrangements.

It was late when they arrived at the flat, Amelia pushed the door open and is hit by a painful stab of sadness and familiarity.

She's been here a few times before, it was the place they spent most summer holiday's, Freddie felt at peace here, especially in the last few months of his life when he was being pestered by cameras in London.

The others move through the flat to put their things in their rooms but Amelia notices something over a chair near the window. Leftover the chair is a yellow jumper that belongs to Freddie, one of his favourite jumpers.

No one has been here in the five years since Freddie's death except the cleaner but she was instructed to leave everything the way it was, just get rid of the dust.