Showcase

I do not own either of the videos

Queen have played some pretty impressive gigs in their time but, in Amelia's opinion, nothing could be as cool as Brian May playing God Save the Queen on his guitar on top of Buckingham Palace.

Amelia stood in the mass crowd with her friends watching the moment in awe. She knows that Roger is in the stage with the orchestra, something she is annoyed about because he should up there with Brian but none the less, it's the coolest thing she's ever seen.

Brian and Roger played a few more times throughout the concert with the cast of We Will Rock You and to make Amelia even happier, she got to see Elton again.

She hasn't seen him for a while but he will be at the annual showcase in two weeks along with David Bowie, as he said he would.

Those two weeks went by quickly and life at the academy is hectic, Amelia has exams left, right and centre and she has several rehearsals for the showcase.

To say she is nervous about today is an understatement, not only is she performing in front of her friends and family for the first time since starting ArtsEd but she is also performing in front of numerous theatre production recruiters.

She can only hope that someone will pick her up for a role even if it's not her dream role straight away.

Adding to the pressure she is also performing her dream piece. A few of the other students, including herself, wanted to do a medley of songs from a musical and they chose Les Miserables, giving Amelia the chance to perform On My Own as Eponine.

So if she doesn't make her dream of performing the role on the West End or Broadway at least she got to live a snippet of her dream on stage.

About an hour before the show is about to start Amelia realised she's lost her guitar pick, it will be backstage somewhere and she can go back and find it tomorrow when she has time to look but it meant she had to run back to her dorm to get her spare one.

Running back to the theatre once she's got it she decides to cut through the theatre lobby but realises it's a mistake when she sees how crowed it is. She can see the backstage door and takes her chances slipping through small gaps and apologising when she bumps into people, she'd nearly made it to the door when she sees her family stood near the door chatting to Elton and Bowie.

"Milly, I think you're in the wrong part of the theatre," Roger laughs.

"Yep had to run back to the dorm for my spare guitar pick, I've lost my other one," Upon seeing Brian's unimpressed look she quickly continues, "Don't worry I'll find it tomorrow when I have time but I've got to go or I'll be late, enjoy the show," She shouts behind her running for the backstage door.

Once she got back to the dressing room where she and the other three girls are all getting ready. She strips out of her uniform and puts on her dress.

 She strips out of her uniform and puts on her dress