Argument

Don't hate me for what Amelia says in this chapter.

Despite the news about his dad, Joe is his usual goofy, fun self but Amelia isn't a fool. She's seen that slip away when he thinks no one is around and Rosie mentioned that he is quite down at home.

Amelia is determined to do something to lift his spirits and the idea she has in mind relies on one very specific person. John Deacon.

After dropping Freddie at school she decides to go and see him, using the excuse of dropping off their wedding invite. The wedding invitations arrived yesterday, some they delivered by hand, others they sent through the post. The Deacon's has to be delivered by hand because she needs to find a way to convince John to be there.

"Hi aunt V," She greets the older woman as the front door opens. Veronica has aged a bit since they last met, a few lines and wrinkles but still her same aunt V.

"Hello Milly," Veronica pulls her into a hug, "It's good to see you, it's been a while." She steps aside letting Amelia in.

"I've come to deliver this," Amelia holds up the wedding invite following her to the living room, John isn't in his usual spot or in the room at all.

Beaming, Veronica opens it reading it over, "I'm so glad you've found someone, Milly. You deserve to be happy."

"Oh he makes me so happy," No one will change her mind on that one, Gwilym is the man for her, "He adores Freddie too. That invite is for you, John and Luke for the ceremony and reception. This is a separate one for everyone else, I hope they don't mind the ceremony venue has limited seating."

"Oh, don't worry about that, they'll understand and you see me, John and Luke more. Luke and I will be there and I'll pass this invite to the others, get them to get back to you, but I'm not sure if John will be there," She's missed enough of these family events but she won't miss Amelia's wedding.

"That's what I'm here for, I want to try and convince him and I also have a favour to ask him. I know he's going to say no but..."

"Milly, it's about time someone tried to get through to him. I love him to pieces, of course, I do but I don't agree with him shutting himself off from his family. I'll stand by him when it comes to the music but Queen is our family, a massive part of our lives and I think if anyone can change his mind, it's you." Veronica loves her husband, she really does, but Queen is family, and she knows John misses them as much as she does.

"I can't promise I won't get angry with him," Amelia knows how this is going to go.

"Maybe that's what's needed here, soft talking doesn't work so do what you have to do. I do miss seeing the others, oh and I'd like to meet the young man who's captured your heart."

"We'll arrange something," Leaving the living room Amelia goes to the study knocking lightly, "Uncle Deaks?" She pushed the door open.

Standing from his chair, John smiles, hugging her tightly, "It's good to see you, Milly. How are you?"

"I'm good, happy um... I came to deliver my wedding invitation."

He retakes his seat, offering Amelia the other, "You're getting married?"

"Yes, in June," Sitting opposite him she goes for it knowing this can go one of two ways but she has to try, "I have a couple of favours to ask you?"

John's smile dips, feeling the sudden change in mood, "What favours?"

"They're big asks but the first ask is for you to meet Joe."

"Is Joe the actor cast as me in the film?"