Garden Lodge

Saturday the 28th of October saw the beginning of October half term, meaning that Garden Lodge is being invaded by cameras and crew members so they can be set up and be ready for Monday.

"Why are you packing my bag Mummy?" Freddie asks sitting on the bed watching her go back and forth from the wardrobe to the little suitcase.

"There's going to be a lot of filming here over the next few days and there'd be nowhere for you to play and watch TV so you're going to spend the week a Nanny and Grandpas. Is that okay?"

"I suppose," He sighs shoulders slumped.

Kneeling before him Amelia lifts his chin, "What the matter baby?"

"I miss us doing stuff together."

She has been busy over the past month and she hasn't spent much time with him on the weekends. Guilt settles in her stomach, lifting him from his spot she sits cross-legged on his bed back against the wall and sits him in her lap cuddling him close, "I know I've been busy over the past few weeks and I'm sorry if I've neglected you a bit."

Kissing his hair he looks up at her, those brown eyes matching her dad's and they get her every time, "Why don't spend the entire day tomorrow out on the nature trail near Grandpas and then I will sort a day off in the week and we can go where ever you like?"

He gives her the puppy eyes, "Can we go to the zoo or a theme park?"

"Where ever you like," She repeats then blows a raspberry on his cheek making him giggle, "Oh there's that smile," She does it a few more times until his giggling turns to laughter.

Eventually, Amelia packs the last of what Freddie needs for the week and they get in the car heading for her parent's house.

When they arrive Amelia holds the front door open for Freddie, "Go find them," She instructs him playfully.

He runs towards the living room, "Nanny?!" She follows him but hears no reply, "She's not here mummy."

"She should be and Grandpa, his cars here. Come on let's try the garden," Freddie runs ahead of her through the kitchen and out the back door.

Standing at the back door she frowns wondering where they could be but then she hears the sound of Brian's guitar upstairs, "Oh Freddie I think Grandpa is in the studio." He races back inside and up the stairs, she doesn't even attempt to keep up with him.

Reaching the studio she finds Freddie already sat on Brian's lap being shown the cords to the song Brian was just playing, "Afternoon, where's Mum?"

"She's nipped out something to do with a role. Did you need to speak to her?" He looks up from his guitar.

"No, no just curious. Speaking of work I won't be on set on Thursday, me and Freddie are going out for the day."

"Not a problem I'll be on set anyway." He's not going to argue, she's been so busy she deserves a day off with Freddie, "Are you staying here during the week?"

"Tonight and tomorrow but then I'll be at Gwilym's during the week, it will be easier than driving to and from here every day."

After that Brian and Freddie go off in their own conversation and Amelia takes Freddie's bag to his room.

------

Filming at the Lodge was less chaotic than Amelia thought it would be the first two days had been spent filming the big party scene and she got to enjoy filming her first scene. Today had been spent filming the band break up scene.

They'd just wrapped up the scene and Rami and Ben are now filming a separate scene, not wanting to get in the way Amelia went searching for the others and finds Joe outside sat on the gazebo platform alone.