Cardiff

SURPRISE UPDATE!!! I wasn't expecting it either but my dad tested positive for covid this morning so I'm now isolating for the next ten days. And since I have a big enough backlog you will get an update every day until I go back to work, as long as I don't get ill myself.

It might seem like things have gone a little off track with this chapter but I have a reason for moving Amelia to Wales and I hope you're going to love it. There's is always a reason for the things I do.

"Have you got everything?" Anita frets as Amelia shuts the boot of her car, "Romeo? Phone? Money? Car keys? Map? Direct..."

"Mum!" Amelia interrupts her before lists off the entire contents of the car, "Have everything, don't worry."

Anita pulls her into a crushing hug, Amelia hugs back put looks over her mum's shoulder at Brian with a pleading look. She already finding it hard to leave and this isn't helping, Brian just chuckles.

Pulling back Amelia looks at her mum, "You do know I lived away in London for five years."

"Yes, but you came home every two weeks and during the holidays, this time I'm not going to see you until Christmas Eve," Anita has grown so close to Amelia that she forgets that she's not her biological daughter.

Amelia laughs, "I doubt you'll last that long, I give it a month and you'll show up for a visit."

Finally, Brian steps in pulling his wife back and hugging Amelia himself, "You sure you want to take Romeo with you? We don't mind having him here."

She nods, "I need some company while I'm there and the landlady said it's fine." She couldn't be parted with her favourite cat. She thought about taking Oscar too but he's Anita cat now.

"Alright, please be careful and good luck," He kisses her forehead and she gets in the car, checking Romeo's carry case is secure before driving away.

------

It took just over two hours to get there, the longest drive she's ever done but she makes it to her temporary home in Cardiff just before lunchtime.

She parks in the spot with her apartment number on. Shutting off the engine, Amelia grabs Romeo's carry case and heads to the door pressing the button for number one. Her flat is number three but the landlady lives in one. The building is one large three-story house split into three apartments.

The door opens revealing a woman in her late 40s, slightly greying brunette hair, the same height as Anita and a warm smile, "Hi, I'm Linda Evens. You must be Amelia."

"Yes that's me, please call me Milly. It's nice to meet you," She shakes Linda's hand.

"And you, please come in. Is this Romeo?" Linda moves aside to let her in pointing to the carry case.

"Yes, it's just me and him."

Linda nods leading them up the stairs, "Lovely. So I'll show you the flat then I'll give you a hand with your luggage if you like."

"Oh you don't have to do that," Amelia hadn't excepted her to be so welcoming, she honestly had images of a nasty old woman with thousands of stupid rules and doesn't like fun.

"Nonsense, you've got two flights of stairs to get up. So you are the top floor, flat three. I am on the ground floor, flat one and it's just me and my cat, Tilly. The middle floor is a young woman and her little boy. I also own the three apartments next door, the top floor is empty at the moment the ground floor is occupied by a man and his dog, the middle floor is a private beauty clinic. You may hear people coming and going from there but they don't tend to make much noise," They reach the top floor and they stop on the landing, Linda hands Amelia the keys.