The Theatre

Every June Madame Edith's theatre school puts on a proper theatre production, two nights running. She invites some of the business producers and talent spotters to come and watch, this is so the older groups are given a chance at finding a career.

They do two nights so all the students get a chance to perform but depending on which musical they are doing there is sometimes the chance for the younger two groups to star in the productions too and that is the case this year.

Les Miserables is the choice of show this year and requires four children from Amelia's age group to play the young Cosette and the young Eponine. Freddie encouraged Amelia to go for it.

That is why she now stood in front of Ellie and Madame Edith auditioning for the part of Cosette. Ellie wasn't surprised by how well it is going but Madame is blown away, she's heard Ellie praising Amelia but until now she has not seen her perform.

"Thank you, Milly, if you can wait outside with the others and we'll call you back in when we've made a decision," Ellie smiles and Madame Edith turns to her assistant once Amelia closes the door.

"When you said she was good I did think you meant that good. It's such a shame she's not older," Madame Edith sighs.

"Why?"

"Well with that dark hair and a voice like that she'd be the perfect Eponine. Call them back in, I've made my decision," Madame Edith tells her assistant.

Amelia waits anxiously with Jessica who tried for the part as well. It wasn't long before they were all called back in.

------

"Daddy!" Amelia runs into her dad's room stopping when she realises he is not alone. Sat either side of the bed is Elton John and David Bowie. To very frequent visitors since Freddie became ill, "Oh hello."

"Hi."

"Hello." They greet at the same time.

Freddie ignores the two next to him tapping the bed for her to climb up, "So did you get a part?"

"Yes, got it!" She bounced onto the bed hugging him tightly.

"And what part might that be?" David smiles, he's got used to seeing her around the house when he comes to visit and always makes time to talk to her.

She turns back to their guests, "Oh my theatre school is putting on a production of Les... Les..."

"Les Miserables," Freddie finishes for her.

"Yes, that and I'm playing the young Cosette on the Saturday evening performance while my friend Jessy is playing her on the Sunday afternoon."

"Oh I love Les Miserables, one of my favourite musicals," Elton gasps, "When is this performance?"

"Saturday the 27th of June," She informs them.

"Oh wonderful, I'm not busy."

Amelia jaw drops, "You'll come and see it?"

Elton nods, "I wouldn't miss it."

"Neither will I," David agrees.

Freddie beams hugging her as tight as he can, he'd be up celebrating with her if he could, "A star already, I can't wait to see it."

She looks back at him, "Will you be well enough? I don't want you to come if it will make you worse."

"Don't you dare worry about that, I will be there with very quiet bells on. I look forward to seeing it and I'm sure Brian, Roger and Deaky will come although Brian and Roger might need some encouragement." Of course, he's going to be there, he'll rest up until the minute they need to leave if he has to. This could be the start of a long career if one of the talent spotters pick her up and he will support her till the day he dies.