Olympics

August 2012

The Olympics closing ceremony has already begun Amelia is in the dressing room that Queen has been assigned with Brian and Roger, watching the ceremony on the TV.

It's 11pm and they have ten minutes till they have to get in position, "You're going to be fine," Brian squeezes her shoulder reassuringly.

She stays quiet something she always does when she's really nervous, checking herself over in the mirror slipping her dad's jacket on, "Do I look alright?"

Roger grins grabbing his drumsticks off the side and warming up his wrists, "You look like your dad. Now stop being so nervous, we wouldn't have asked you if we thought you couldn't do it."

"It's not your reviews I'm worried about," She mutters following them out the door. Following the backstage crew, they leave Brian at the main stage, Roger splits off from her when they are halfway around since his coming up from the floor and when they reach the far end entrance behind the Olympic cauldron Amelia forces her nerves to the back of her mind.

She knows that most of her family are watching in the stadium but also in the audience his Freddie. She's pretty sure he won't have clue what is going on but he is here watching with his Queen babygrow on.

Slipping her arms into the long yellow cloak she's wearing to walk in with, she stands on her mark as her dad's famous call and response scene from Wembley 86' appears on the four screens. She was only just over a year old at that concert but she remembers it like it was yesterday.

Taking her mic she stands on her mark in the stadium in front of the cauldron in the low light so no one notices her as the famous squeal of Brian's guitar fills the stadium and he performs the Brighton Rock solo.

The We Will Rock You beat kicks in and Amelia starts up the long walk to the centre as Roger comes up through the floor. She drops the cloak as she reaches the centre joining in with the stomp, stomp, clap.

An adrenaline rush kicks in as she starts to sing, performing with Brian and Roger and in front of as many people she feels amazing.

Interacting with the crowd where possible and hopefully doing her dad proud. But as quickly as it began, it was over.

Joining Roger on the central platform it lowers back down and they go back to their dressing room, "You see? I knew you had nothing to worry about."

"I know, I know but that was amazing. Thank you for encouraging me to do it," She hugs them both.

"Would you perform with us again?" Brian tries to take advantage of her current high and rope her into something else.

"No. Music isn't my calling, acting and theatre are and I want to get back to that now Freddie is a bit older and you have Adam now. Stop trying to get me to do it and focus on the person that actually wants it," She loves to sing of course but in theatre or film. She's not a pop star, she's an actress and acting is what she loves.