Tony Awards

The next day Amelia took a trip to Brianna's dress studio and she smiles entering the studio space. Like her, Brianna has not long turned 24 but being a young adult suited the redhead.

She's taller, slender figure and looks like a proper design, glasses on the end of her nose, tape measure around her neck and sewing needle in hand. "Brianna?" Amelia calls quietly as not to startle her.

Brianna looks up and squeals, dropping the needle she slips off her chair wraps her best friend in a hug, "Your back from New York? How was it? I heard you took a part in Wicked I tried to get tickets but they'd sold out on the days that I could do."

"You should have rung me, I could have sorted you a ticket. New York was amazing, I missed my family but it was an amazing experience. You're doing well though," Amelia looks around the room noticing all the dresses she is working on, some finished others are not.

"Well I got my first fashion line of with Glamour magazine and that's going well, I add to it now and then and I'm currently working on my second line. I've also had endless bookings for dresses, some for celebrity event dresses and others for proms and even a wedding dress," Brianna pulls her friend out to the wedding dress that is bagged and ready to go, "Honestly I cannot thank you enough for wearing that dress to the We Will Rock You premiere, I'm living my dream because you gave me a head start."

"I only advertised what you made, it's your design that caught Glamour magazines attention. Now I'd like to say I'm just here to see you but I am here on business too," She needs a dress of the Tony awards.

Brianna's eye light up, "Oh, I'm listening."

"Have you made a dress for an America event yet?"

"No. I had one or two bits from my fashion line shipped over there but no event dresses, why?"

"Then I'm about to launch you in America. I've been nominated for a Tony Award and I need a dress if you have the time?"

"Firstly I will always make time to make you a dress, I told you that before. Two, you've been nominated for an award!" Brianna squeals, "That's incredible, is it for your role as Elphaba?"

"Yes."

Brianna squeals again grabbing her dairy, "Right, when is the event and when does the dress need to be ready by? Oh and remove your coat and bag please."

"It's on the 7th of June but I will be leaving on the 5th so if it can be ready for me to pick up on the 4th please?" Amelia works out the dates in her head taking off her coat.

"Okay so it's in New York in June so it should be warm meaning you want a light material," The designer mutters while taking Amelia's new measurements, "I have just the material. It's brand new, I've only just brought it and I'm dying to use, plus the fabric is lightweight." Brianna takes it off the shelf and sets it on the table.

Amelia admires it closely, "It's gorgeous," The material is lightweight, navy blue with a silver star print all over it.

"This will sit over the top of a navy blue, lightweight silk charmeuse. I'm thinking..." Brianna just reels off ideas and Amelia just nods having no idea what she is on about.

The dress is made and ready on the 4th of June when Amelia comes to pick it up and she can't wait to wear it.

------

After putting in her earrings Amelia leaves her room for the living room, "How do I look?" She asks her parents.