Chapter 30 The party 3

"Oh, Sweetie , give little Rafe to me...and you enjoy the party..." said Catarina to Alec.

"Oh , Catarina , you are the guest , I cannot do that with you..." said Alec.

"Come on , Alec , let me spend some time with this cute little thing...please.." requested Catarina to Alec.

Alec smiled and said " To play with them , you don't need any reason . They are all yours. "

Catarina smiled and said " Thank you , I know that..."

Alec kissed little Rafe on his head and said " Sweetie , have a great time with your Aunt. "

Rafe giggled and started playing in Cat's lap.

"Oh he will be having an amazing time with his Aunt Cat. " said Catarina.

Catarina took Rafe to a corner and started playing with her nephew. Alec smiled at the duo .

Alec searched for Magnus and Max . He saw that Magnus was talking to an unknown person. Alec got a little curious.

Alec went to his husband. Magnus felt his husband coming to him . He looked at Alec and smiled. Alec went and stood silently by Magnus' side. Max as usual made grabby hands towards Alec. Alec involuntarily took Max in his arms. Max leaned on Alec's shoulders and rested his head.  Alec caressed Max lovingly. Max basked in his Dada's warmth.

"Mr. Dusk , meet my loving husband Alexander Gedion Lightwood Bane. " said Magnus introducing Alec to the unknown man with whom he was talking.

"Love , this is Mr. Aleandro Dusk, he is newly appointed as the High Warlock of Mexico. " said Magnus.

Alec smiled and said " Hello, Mr Aleandro ...how are you ?? "

"I am fine , Thank you , Mr...Mr...umm...well what was your name...? " asked Dusk.

Magnus raised his brow.

Alec smiled and held  Magnus' hands to calm him . Magnus looked at Alec. Alec blinked reassuringly.

Magnus tried to calm himself down.

"Well , my name is Alexander Gideon Lightwood Bane . You can call me Alec. " said Alec.

Dusk said " Oh, that's right...Alec, the shadowhunter. Well this is a downworlder's party, don't you think , you should aloof yourself from  here for some time. "

Magnus shot at Dusk.

Alec pressed Magnus' hands tightly.

"No , Dada not go ...Dada stay here, this Dada's house. You in Dada's house..." said Max from Alec's shoulders.

"It's okay Sweetie , though you are very right in your words but you should be polite with our guests..." said Alec in Max's ears.

Max circled his arms around Alec's neck and leaned his head on Alec's shoulders.

"But,this party is for the downworlders , isn't it...I was told that , if these shadowhunters are going to be present here , then I would not have come..." said Dusk  .

Magnus was about to pounce on Dusk. Alec held Magnus' arms tight.

"No , dear , he wanted you to be aggresive , so that you take a bad move which he could use against you..." said Alec.

Magnus looked at Alec .

Alec blinked and signalled Magnus not to be aggressive.

Magnus tried his best to control himself.

"Mr. DUSK , why don't you taste the different cuisines which we have prepared and arranged  for our quests.."said Alec.

"Cuisine ? Cuisine ? Now the shadowhunters will be directing the dowhworlders to take food? " said Dusk.

//to be continued....