Chapter 18 : Black Magic pt 8

"I can't believe that we are going to get back our Ragnor. " said Catarina patting little Rafe gently on her lap and feeding him his midnight feed.

Magnus smiled and nodded " Yes , you are right. I am happy too. But I think some black magic is connected with this  whole process.."

"You mean to say , Ragnor is doing some black magic ?" asked Catarina.

"I am fearing that ..." said Magnus with frowns and wrinkles on his forehead.

"But why will Ragnor do that ?" asked Catarina.

"That I don't know exactly.  We have to find that out.." said Magnus to Catarina.

Rafe squirmed a little in Cat's lap.

"I think he needs you ..." said Cat .

Magnus took his son and started to feed him . Rafe went into deep sleep yet his sucking was on.

Magnus swayed a little with little Rafe to make him comfortable.

Clary was sitting silently with little Max sleeping comfortably on his aunt's lap.

Clary was looking at little Max. She was caressing little Max's cheeks and  was looking deeply at his face. A stray tear drop came out of her eyes.

Cat observed that and said " Oh , Clary , everything will be alright dear. Nothing will happen to little Lucifer. He will be alright."

Clary looked at Cat and tried to smile. She uttered a thank you and  wiped her eyes.

Soon Magnus' phone vibrated . Magnus saw that it was from Alec.
Magnus picked the phone up .

"The team is ready . Jace and I and the team  are coming back to the Lightwood-Bane Mansion . Then we will start for the place which you saw in your tracking. " said Alec to his warlock husband .

Magnus said " We are all ready , love. Come quickly..."

Alec disconnected the phone.

It was within the next ten minutes that Alec , Jace and the Clave's team came to the Lightwood-Bane  Mansion for their raid on the place where Magnus would direct them  to go.

Alec came inside the house along with Jace and said " Magnus , Dear , get ready..."

Magnus took his scarf out .

Alec placed a hand on Magnus' shoulders and said " Magnus , this time , I will take little Rafe . You take Max on the baby carrier. "

Magnus smiled and said " As you wish.."

Alec tied little Rafe to himself.

Magnus took Max in his arms.

Little Alisa was taken by her dad.

The Lightwood-Bane extended  family started for the house where Luci was trapped.

Magnus was leading the team of the Clave. The team consisted of shadowhunters , warewolves, seelies , vampires alike. They all followed Magnus who had his husband and children by his side. 

It was not only a mission to find a kidnapped baby , Magnus' nephew rather it was a mission to find  Ragnor , Magnus' friend , to rescue him if he was not in a good condition.

Alec held his warlock husband's hands. Magnus looked at Alec and smiled at him . Alec smiled at Magnus and said " Don't worry , he will be alive. "

Magnus smiled and said " Yes , I felt him . He is alive."

There was a pause of few seconds and after some time ....

"I love you " said Magnus.

Alec smiled and said  "I love you too. "