Papa and Rafe 7

"What ...what happened ...Magnus.." asked Jace coming quickly towards Magnus who was holding the phone and trying not to panik with much difficulty. There was no sound coming from the opposite side . Neither Alec nor Max was responding to Magnus' continuous calls.

Jace clutched his parabati rune. A sharp sudden pain made him to hunch in front and cry out loud.

Magnus' heart lurched at the sight.

Magnus kept his phone down as he understood that it was futile to call his shadowhunter on phone. The phone must have fallen or broken from the impact of the bang.

Magnus held Jace and asked " Jace, what is it ? "

Jace looked at Magnus with painstricken eyes and could utter only a few words " Magnus ...Magnus , it's ...it's Alec..we need to go now ".

All the power in Magnus' body was about to recede with those few words. But he was trying to be strong and was taking steps that was necessary in a situation like that.

He quickly used his magic and snapped his fingers. Rafe's baby carrier quickly appeared in his hands.

He quickly but carefully pulled Rafe on his shoulders .

"Dadddaaaaaa...." shrieked Rafe and woke up with a startle.

Magnus quickly held Rafe on his shoulders .

"Papa ...Dadda ....Bubba..." said Rafe.

Magnus held Rafe in his arms and said " Yes Baby we are going to see what has happened to Dada and Buba. Everything will be alright , don't worry little Angel. "

Jace uttered " Magnus ....make it quick...we need to go quickly. "

Magnus nodded. He used his magic to put Rafe into the baby carrier.

He supported Jace on his other shoulder and drew a portal. Then he went in the portal with both little Rafe and Jace on tow .

Magnus came out in front of the icecream parlour. The sight was difficult to comprehend.

There was smoke everywhere. Once a magnificent place was then shattered to rubbles.  Magnus was breathing heavily . The place was into pieces completely.

Jace looked at the picture with pain stricken eyes.

"Magnus , Alec is somewhere... in it" uttered Jace with utmost difficulty.

Magnus' eyes widened.  Rafe  shrieked "Dadda , Bubba...." from his baby carrier.

Magnus looked at his little angel.

"Baby , can you feel your Dada and Buba ? " asked Magnus trying to remain calm.

Rafe vigorously nodded his head.

Magnus gasped.

"Where ...where..are they ? " asked Magnus.

Rafe lifted his plum little hands and pointed at a chunk of rubble towards the eastern corner of the the shattered pieces.

Jace and Magnus exchanged a look.

Jace clutched his throbbing Parabati rune and said " If the little Angel is saying that his Dada is there , he must be there , let's not waste our time on tracking Alec and Max. "

Magnus listened to Jace who was finding it hard to talk too .

Magnus nodded and without wasting any time , ran towards the rubble where little Rafe was pointing. 

Jace went behind Magnus with all his might.

Rafe called again with his baby voice " Dadda ...Buba" and pointed towards the rubble once again.

Magnus and Jace reached the spot. It was a large chunk of concrete.

Magnus looked at the concrete chunk . His heart , mind , body lurched with the thought that his shadowhunter and first born was buried under it. If the chunk had fallen on Alec and Max from a height with the momentum , there was a possibility of fatal injury to both.

Magnus looked at Jace. Jace was having difficulty in breathing because of the pain he was feeling through his Parabati bond.

Magnus did not waste any time further.

"Rafe , Papa needs your magic , Sweetie.." said Magnus to his baby boy.

Rafe looked at Magnus and moved forward his little chubby hands and said " Boo...Pappa...Boo..."

Magnus understood that little Rafe was offering his magic .

Magnus quickly took little Rafe's little hands and started extracting Rafe's magic. With that he used his own magic to move apart the large chunk of concrete.

The first chunk was moved away . It took quite a large amount of Magnus' magical energy. But there was more concrete chunks under the first shattered piece.

Jace kneeled down on his knees . The pain was getting unbearable and he was unable to breath too.

Magnus did not take time to recuperate  his magic . He quickly used his own magic only to move the other large piece of broken concrete .

There was a glimpse of an adult hand .The hand was fair and the wrist was adorned with a wrist band . The wrist band was etched with the words " Thanks for Max and Rafe. "

Magnus felt like all his blood solified at that moment. He was stopping his mind to do the next implications. He knew that if he did that his heart would instantly stop.

//to be continued....//