Chapter 3 Robert's Realisation

The guests left after lunch which was conjured by Catarina by her magic for everyone. Catarina wanted to do something special on the birth of her nephew . Magnus did not stop his best friend.

All the Lightwoods enjoyed the lunch. Magnus was too caring for Alec and snapped  all of Alec's favourite food which Alec could not eat because of his pregnancy.

Alec was so overwhelmed that he hugged Magnus tight forgetting all the guests. The guests laughed out loud . They were happy to see the happy and  content Lightwood-Bane family.

Alec dug in the food. He finished a whole bowl of Italian pasta with wine all by himself. 

The family members laughed  when Magnus asked Alec whether he should summon another large bowl of Italian pasta only for his love of life.

Alec got a little embarassed . He shook his head and said " No , Thank you  , Magnus . I am full already."

Magnus kissed Alec's cheeks. 

"Oh , you are so adorable.." said Magnus and summoned another bowl of pasta anyway.

Alec grinned from ear to ear.

Magnus himself served on Alec's plate.

Magnus was carrying Rafe wherever he was going. Alec smiled at his warlock and his growing possesiveness towards Rafael.

Max was sitting on Izzy's lap who was playing all sorts of games with the little one  and teaching him tips to win. Max was taking interest in all the tips and tricks which his bad-ass aunt have to share.

After the lunch when the extended family was lounging in the garden outside, Robert came to Magnus .

Robert said to Magnus,

"Bane , do you have some time to talk to me? " asked Robert .

Magnus handed over Rafe to Alec who was sitting beside Magnus . Alec held Rafe and looked at his father in anticipation.

"Yes , Robert , what is it ? " asked Magnus.

"Bane , I have never told you this. But I wanted to thank you for taking care of my child, for taking care of Alec. You know Bane , in his childhood , I was not there to take good care of him. I always treated him without care and without love thinking that love and care would spoil him. I treated him strictly all the time thinking that way he would be a great shadowhunter which I always wanted him to be. My intentions for him were always good , Bane , but my approach was not good.

You changed my way of looking at things. When I saw that in your love Alec actually became what I wanted him to be , I understood that showing love to your children would not spoil them rather they will make your children a true being. 

I just wanted to thank you for giving all the happiness to my boy.

As parent now I realised that it is so satisfying to see your children happy in life.

Even the desires and dreams which you had set for your children might not have fulfilled , but seeing your children happy is everything which a parent can ask for  . "

Magnus listened to his father-in-law silently. Alec was listening to his father too. Alec smiled amidst tears  . He was overwhelmed with his father's confession.

Magnus smiled at his father-in-law  . He said " I am glad that you came to know what true parneting means. It is really good to see you happy in the happiness of your children . Expectations from children taints the very relation of a parent with his child. The child has not asked you to bring him on this earth. He has not begged you to create him. You  made the child . You wanted the child. The child is here because you desired him to be. So treat the child like a gift  that you desired rather than treating him as an instrument to fulfill your dreams and desires which you were incapable of realising in your life.

I realised that Bane . I used to treat Alec differently. I wanted him to fulfil all my desires which I could not realise in my times.

But , I was wrong. Whatever Alec is today or whatever he is getting today , all these are because of his own. All these are because of your never-ending selfless love for him . Your love has changed him . It has brought the best out of him.

Thank you , so much , Bane . Thank you so much. "

Robert was at the verge of tearing up.

Magnus thought it was right time to offer his father-in-law a hug.

Robert smiled and went into Magnus' embrace.

"Thank you , Son...thank you so much .." said Robert to Magnus.

Magnus smiled in Robert's embrace.

The family was smiling. Maryse was wiping her eyes . Izzy hugged her mother. Izzy clutched Max tight on her lap. She was happy at her father's realisation.  Clary and Jace side-hugged each other.

Alec smiled and he was in tears. He clutched Rafe tight.

Rafe smiled .

Alec thought that this could be a good sign of the arrival of Angel Ithuriel. The negativities in his father's mind was cleaned for good. His father was full of positivities now.

Robert came out of Magnus' embrace and he looked at Alec.

"I ...I am sorry...." said Robert.

"No..no..Dad...it's okay...I love you..." said Alec amidst tearing.

Alec stood up with Rafe . Robert hugged both Alec and Rafe together. Rafe smiled and his body glowed.

Magnus smiled at the father and son.

Robert came out of Alec's embrace and  bent and kissed Rafe separately.

Alec and Magnus both smiled.

Rafe was looking at his grandfather and smiling.

Robert chuckled and said " Oh , Champ, you are a real angel , aren't you..."

Rafe smiled more.

The family members laughed out loud.

Magnus side hugged Alec.

Alec smiled at his warlock and quickly took his husband's lips .

"Hmm...I am standing right here , boys...that too with an infant who has just opened his eyes..." said Robert.

Alec came out of the kiss and blushed furiously.

Magnus chuckled and said " I don't regret though..."

The Lightwood Extended family laughed at Magnus' comment.

After the lunch , the family members went at their respective place leaving the Lightwood-Banes to enjoy the presence of the new  lovely member.

______________________________________

PLEASE VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL OF AUDIO STORIES.

STORYTELLER 6Ahirbhairav6