Papa and Rafe

Magnus bade a good bye to Alec as he entered in the portal to go to his mother with Max . Maryse wanted to spend the day with both of her grandchildren. But since Rafe was small and could not remain all alone with his grandma without his parents, Alec decided to take Max alone with him . Alec would drop Max at his Mum's place and leave for Clave from there. Max would spend the whole day with his lovely Grandma . Alec would pick Max up while returning from Clave. Such was the plan.  Max was excited equally to spend his day with his beautiful Gramma. Alec chuckled in his mind seeing his babe this excited to meet his Grandmum.

Magnus who was carrying little crawly Rafe in his arms waved his hands at Alec and Max.

Alec quickly gave a kiss to his husband and little Rafe  and said " Need to run , getting late.."

Magnus smiled and kissed his husband back. "Run..run..Love, Maryse must be getting impatient"

Alec chuckled and entered into the portal.

Rafe tried to utter " Bi..bi..."

Alec kissed his own hands and blew it to Rafe . Rafe's chubby cheeks turned rosy instantly.

Soon the portal engulfed Alec and Max .

Magnus sighed. Though it was temporary yet he was not going to see his shadowhunter and his babe for the long day ahead.

He looked at Rafe. Rafe was looking a little sad .

Magnus asked to his babe " What happened Sweetheart, why are you sad ? "

Rafe clung onto his Papa's shoulders and uttered " Bubba..."

"Oh , you will be missing Buba, today , as he has gone to  Grannma , he would not be playing with you all day long " said Magnus.

Rafe nodded his head and sunk deep into Magnus' body.

"Awww...baby , don't be sad. Buba will come back in the evening and will play with you then.." said Magnus trying to cheer Rafe up. But Rafe was visibly sad.

Magnus drew soothing circles on Rafe's back.

Then , it struck Magnus to tell Rafe a story that might cheer him up.

Magnus took Rafe and sat comfortably on the sofa. He then made Rafe to sit on his lap. Rafe looked at Magnus with his sad eyes.

Magnus smiled a littled and pulled Rafe's chin up. He then took a red rose from the nearby vase.

"You know , when I saw these ocean blue eyes for the first time , there were sadness , hopelessness , depression  and life long deprivation in those eyes. But I instantly drowned in those eyes. Those eyes were my place to escape my lonely life . Those eyes were my place of salvation. I truly emersed in those beautiful eyes."said Magnus.

Rafe looked at his Papa with his ocean blue baby eyes. He listened to his Papa engrossed.

Magnus smiled and said , " Then , as I was bold , I expressed my feelings to that man who had those blue eyes. Do you know , what I saw in those blue eyes. I saw happiness and hope . I could see that the man was coming out of depression . He got all the attention which he wanted. I could see love in those blue eyes. Pure love for me in those blue eyes. I was ecstatic. He is in love with me. Then , I did what was to be done. I proposed to him. I brought the precious red rose in my hands and asked him whether he wanted to spend his life with me. ( Magnus held the red rose in front of baby Rafe, a smile instantly came across Rafe's lips). You know little love, the happiness in those blue eyes was unmatched when I proposed to the love of my life.  He was smiling. That precious smile....and I married that man after that.

Do you know who that man is ? "

Rafe looked at Magnus and asked " Boo? "

Magnus chuckled and said " Well , he is Dada , Baby. Whom do you think you have got those beautiful  ocean blue eyes? "

Rafe giggled at the top of his baby voice and said " Dada...Dada...Daada...."

Magnus chuckled and was happy to see his Rafe cheerful again.

"My little Rafe is back....so Baby , tell me what is the plan today ? Since we are just the two of us , we could spend the day together and enjoy the day to the fullest...what do you think ? "  said Magnus to his little piece of heart.

//to be continued //