Chapter 10 : Dada or Mum

"Mummmm....Mummmm....Mummm" Came a sound from the crib .

Alec was busy with cooking after coming from Clave.Magnus was not at home. He had gone for a potion delivery to a client. Max was playing in the playroom. Rafe's crib was in the kitchen. Alec was not confident to leave the little one all alone in the nursery.

Alec looked at the crib as the sound went to his ears.

"Mummmmm....Mummmm...Mummmmmm...." said Rafe again.

Alec looked at the crib . He tried to concentrate at his work of making the dinner.

But could not.

"Mummmm....Mummmm...Mummmm" said Rafe again.

This time Alec could not keep himself busy any more.

He sighed and put the gas off. He came to Rafe's crib . He looked at Rafe. Rafe smiled when his baby eyes saw Alec. Alec looked at Rafe and then he sighed.

He pulled Rafe up in his arms and looked at Rafe closely.

"Mummm....Mummm....Mummm" called Rafe again looking at Alec.

"Hmm...so I guessed it right.." said Alec to little Rafe.

"You were calling me ...." said Alec.

Rafe showed his gums .

"Okay , so I am not your Mum...Sweetie . " said Alec.

"Mummm...Mummm....Mummmm" said Rafe again.

"Okay , technically I am your Mum...but you will call me Dada . I like to be called that okay..." said Alec to his little toothless Rafe.

Rafe smiled at Alec and uttered " Mumumumumumu.."

"No , Dada...Da..da...da..da..." uttered Alec and tried to teach Rafe the word.

Rafe smiled at Alec. Alec said " You are getting naughtier day by day.."

"Mumumumumumum...." uttered Rafe again.

"Okay , call me Mum. I am not going to respond." said Alec.

He put Rafe on the crib and went for his dinner making. He put the gas on.

"Mumumumumum...." said Rafe from the crib.

Alec listened to it. He did not respond.

After some time, Rafe uttered again " Mumumum..."

Alec nodded his head. He was resisting himself from responding . It was very hard for him not to respond when his baby called for him.

He looked at the crib and clutched his fist resisting the urge to respond to his own baby. But it was important too for him to teach Rafe the right word to call him Dada.

In the meantime Magnus came back to his mansion. He came straight to the kitchen. He was observing the whole story standing near the door . Alec and Rafe were oblivious to Magnus' presence.

Magnus entered the scene and said " Do you think , you can resist his calls ?"

Alec looked at Magnus.

"You know , he is calling you ..." said Magnus.

"Yes , but he is calling me with the wrong name..." said Alec.

"Really , Alexander...is he really calling you with the wrong name..." asked Magnus to his shadowhunter.

"Can you tell me that when he is calling Mum, you are not feeling any pull inside you...?" asked Magnus.

Alec looked at Magnus sheepishly.

He nodded his head in a no.

Magnus came near to Alec.

"Alexander, however you want to deny this fact , you gave birth to him . So technically , you are his Mum. May be because of the curse , may be it's not natural ...still you gave birth to that little soul. Right now he is calling you. He did not know the right word to call you yet. But he knows that you brought him on this earth, so he thought Mum would be the right word . He needs you...Alexander" said Magnus holding Alec's shoulders.

Alec looked at Magnus.

Tear drops came out of his eyes.

"What did I just do ?" asked Alec to Magnus.

Magnus said " Take him Alexander, that little soul is calling you..he is calling his birthgiver."

Alec ran to Rafe's crib.

Alec took Rafe in his arms and held him tight to his chest. Alec kissed Rafe and said " I am sorry , Sweetheart. I am so sorry. You can call me anything . I will always be by your side... I am , I am..your Mum. If you wanted you can call me that. Names will not change our bond, our relation , our love , sweetie..."

Tear drops flowed on Alec's cheeks.

Magnus smiled at his shadowhunter .

Magnus came near to Alec . He smiled at Alec and Rafe and said " There is nothing in name Alexander , you will always be their birth giver , no matter whatever they call you..."

Alec looked at Magnus and said " I am sorry..."

Magnus smiled and nodded his head.

"You must say a sorry to yourself first because you were giving yourself a tremendous agony by not responding to Rafe's calls. " said Magnus kissing Alec's forehead.

Alec nodded and said " Yes , it was very difficult for me. I cannot resist Rafe's and Max's calls. "

Magnus side hugged Alec who was standing with Rafe in his arms and said " I know Love. "

Alec looked at Rafe and said " I am sorry . Dada is sorry..."

Rafe smiled with his gums out .

"Dada will respond to whatever Rafe sweetie will prefer to call Dada.." said Alec.

Rafe giggled.

Both Magnus and Alec laughed at Rafe's sweet giggling.

Alec looked at Magnus and said " Thank you for showing me what wrong I was doing."

Magnus looked at Alec and said " Love , we are married . It is our duty to show each other, what wrongs we are doing. "

Alec nodded his head .

Magnus took Alec's lips. Alec took Magnus' lips in turn.

Soon their small moment was broken by a sound.

"Dadddda....Dadadadadaddd...." said Rafe.

Alec looked at his warlock.

Magnus looked at Alec.

Both of them bursted out laughing.

"He is really getting naughtier day -by-day..." said Magnus.

Alec chuckled at Rafe and kissed his cheeks in response.

Angel Ithuriel thought of giggling at that moment with his little lungs out.

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤