Chapter 12 Black Magic 2

"Thhey ttake Lucchi ...thhey ttake Luchhi..." chanted Max as if in a trance.

Alec looked at his husband.

Magnus crouched and caressed Max's head while he was clinging to his Dada.

"What is it , Sweetie ? " asked Magnus worried. The possessive father in him was at work.

Alec looked at Max equally worried.

He clutched his throbbing Parabati rune and looked at his first born.

"Pappa, Pappa...they take Lucchi..." said Max to Magnus.

Magnus looked up at Alec and said "We must go to the Herondale House..."

Alec nodded his head.

"You take Max. I will take Rafe ..." said Magnus. 

"But he does not know to sit yet..." said Alec worried.

"I will carry him on my hands, Don't  worry.." said Magnus.

Alec nodded .

He clutched Max's little hands and both the Dada and son started to walk . Alec made a portal for the Herondale house.  Magnus quickly went inside the room and pulled sleeping Rafael in his hands.

He took a wide scarf from closet and tied Rafael to his body to make his hands free.

He quickly came out to the balcony where Alec was already waiting for his family. Soon both Magnus and Alec with their little ones stepped in the portal. Max was on Alec's arms and little Rafe was on Magnus' body.

The Lightwood-Bane family landed in front of the Herondale house. 

Alec and Magnus moved towards the door with their children.  Alec looked at the door. The door was half open.  Alec looked at Magnus.

Magnus looked worried at Alec.

Both the couples entered into the Herondale house.  The living room was dishevelled. 

"Some really bad things have  happened over here..." said Magnus.

"Can you feel Jace ? " asked Magnus to his husband.

Alec looked at Magnus and said " My Parabati rune is throbbing badly.."

Magnus looked worried at his husband.

"Unci Ja ...Unci Ja..." called Max in his sweet baby voice.

Alec too called " Jace , Clary...where are you ? "

But there was no response from the Herondales.

Alec was moving from one room to the other and calling Jace . But there was no response and no one could be found yet. Not even the kids.

After searching for some time . Alec and Magnus could hear a sound of groaning.

Alec and Magnus exchanged a look. Both nodded their head in agreement that the sound was coming from the second floor of the house.

Magnus was about to go first.

Alec placed a hand in front of  Magnus and gestured that he was going first.  Alec placed Max down and gestured him to keep quite.

Max nodded his head  .

Magnus quickly held the hand of his firstborn.

Alec pulled out his seraph blade and started to climb the stairs of the house slowly one after the other.

Magnus came slowly behind.

Alec was following the sound of groaning . Soon he came near the floor and also to the sound. It was a  room , dark but the groaning sound coming from the room .

Alec was about to open the half open door.

"Love , careful.." said Magnus from behind in a whisper. Alec looked at Magnus and smiled and nodded his head.

Magnus propped his magic up in his hands in case of any unseen situations.

Max was clutching his Papa's pants tight. His body was glowing red with his tremendous raw magic of the Venerated Great Demon.

Alec opened the door with one hand.

It was dark .

Magnus snapped his fingers and soon there was light from Magnus' magic.

Alec's  and Magnus' eyes adjusted with the light. They looked for the source of groaning. Soon Alec and Magnus saw that Clary was lying on the floor. There was deep cut on her stomach. She was groaning in pain
Someone slashed her with a sharp blade.

"Goodness..." said Alec and ran to tend to Clary.

Magnus looked around the room for any other traces of potential problem. Soon his eyes fell on Jace. Jace was lying on the floor.

There was blood around his body.

Magnus' eyes widened.