Papa and Rafe 9

"I JUST DON'T KNOW ANYTHING , I WANT TO KNOW AT ANY COST THAT WHO ATTEMPTED ON THE LIFE OF THE INQUISITOR ? " shouted Jace at the top of his lungs.

He was standing in the Clave Ops room and was addressing a group of subordinates.

"Now ...disperse and I want the names before today's lunch time..I hope I have made myself very clear." Ordered Jace.

__________________________________

"Alexander , it was an attempt on your life . There were no one in that ice cream parlour except you and Max and the staffs.

The rescue team is still doing it's job but till now they did not find any of staff member.

Can you still explain me that it was an accident ? " said Magnus to his shadowhunter pacing worryingly in front of him in the Inquisitor's cabin.

Maryse was sitting with Max and Rafe at one of the corners of the vistor's seat.

Max was clutching his grandma from her middle .

Maryse was caressing both her grandchildren turn by turn to sooth their traumatised nerves.

Alec was sitting on his chair and trying to sooth his nerves as well . After the accident ( according to Alec ) his strong nerves too were to be calmed.

Isabelle looked at Magnus and said " I agree with Magnus. This is clearly an attempt on your life , Big Brother"

Alec looked at Izzy once.

Robert came inside the cabin of the Inquisitor.

'Sorry , Alec, I came inside without your permission..but it was urgent. " said Robert apologetically.

"It's okay , Dad. You don't have to take my permission. " said Alec " What is it ? "

Robert said "Well , the rescue team that was sent to the place of accident has found trace of Demon energy. "

Magnus and Izzy raised their brows.

"I knew it.." said Magnus suggestively.

Maryse said " Demon energy..."

Robert nodded and said 'Yes demon energy. So this can be considered as an attempt on your life , son"

Alec looked at the worried face of everyone in the room.

"We must go at that place to find out what kind demon energy it is." suggested Magnus.

Maryse , Izzy and Robert nodded their heads in agreement.

"Let us wait for Jace to come...' suggested Alec.

"Of course..." said Magnus.

"But , I don't understand why will the demons ram down a whole building on me  to kill me...they could have easily come in front of me and killed me..." said Alec.

Magnus came near Alec and sat on the visitor's chair.

"It's because , Alexander. You were not alone. You were there with the Great demon himself. No demon could stand in front of you. So to take an attempt on your life the only way left is to make something that would look like an accident...like the one which happened today .." said Magnus.

Jace entered the room and said " I agree with Magnus..."

"I can't imagine what could have happened today..." exclaimed Maryse and clutched Max and Rafe.

Rafe looked at Maryse and uttered " Gramma.."

Maryse looked at Rafe and said " Yes Baby , thank you so much that you saved your Dada . "

Maryse plated a kiss on Rafe's head.

Maryse looked at Max and said " O sweetie , everything is alright. "

Maryse hugged Max lovingly.

Both the children basked in their Granma's motherly affection.

Alec looked at the scene and  smiled in his mind.

"You are right Magnus...we need you to find out about the demon energy in the sight of the mishap." Said Jace.

Magnus nodded.

He then said " Yes , Jace , we will go there to find out more about the demon energy..."

"And Alec , how many times do I have to tell you that you should take the VIP protection. You are no more a simple citizen of Idris. You will be the Consul very soon..if you had informed me that you were going to the ice cream parlor with Maxie then I would have arranged for your protection. We could have avoided the terrible situation that occured today. "

Magnus nodded his head and said " I agree with Jace. You could have taken the security, Love .."

Alec opened his mouth to say something when Magnus said " No..don't try to justify. You are going to take security wherever you go Alexander...and that's my last words..."

"Nothing to say after this.." said Alec sheepishly at his strict husband.

Jace and Robert smiled a little.

"He never listens to us so easily..." said Robert to Jace in a whisper.

Jace nodded his head and said " Hmm...you are right.."

"Now at least we know whom to talk to if we want the stubborn Alec to approve something.." said Robert winking.

Jace nodded.

Both the Dad and  son looked at each other and chuckled silently.

//to be continued //