Chapter 2 : The first hours of Rafe

Magnus , Catarina and Alec went outside in their living room .
Jace was already there.  Alec smiled a littel when he found his other piece of heart in Izzy's arms. Isabelle was kissing her newborn nephew forgetting everything in this world.

Alec noticed teardrops in Maryse's eyes, happy tears.  Clary was looking happy too .

"Jem..., brother Eunoch you all are here..."said Magnus looking at the silent brothers who were present apart from the Lightwood extended family.

"Yes , Magnus , we came here to have the divine glimpse of Angel Ithuriel. . We are honoured to see his divine heavenly light" said Jem (Brother Zacharia)

"Thank you , Alexander and Magnus for helping the angels in their divine plan to reincarcate Angel Ithuriel in this world." said Jem looking at the couple.

Alec smiled and went near his warlock. He held Magnus' hands tight and said " Thank you for all your blessings for the safe arrival of Angel Ithuriel to this world."

"Bless you , Alexander.." said Brother Eunuch and Brother Zacharia.

Magnus and Alec smiled.

The Silent brothers levitated out of Magnus' mansion.

"Love , give Max to me and take hold of your newborn for the first time.." said Magnus smiling lovingly at his shadowhunter.

Alec nodded listening to his warlock .

Izzy came with little Rafe in her arms.

"Oh , big brother , your little heart took the ride of everybody's arms here except yours..." said Izzy smiling.

Alec gave Max to Magnus.

Magnus pulled Max in his arms.

Alec smiled and said " Give him to me , I am dying to hold him.."

Maryse chuckled a little at his son's eagerness.

Izzy gave Rafe to Alec carefully and lovingly.

Alec took Rafe in his arms and looked at Rafe with all the love he had in his heart.

Alec looked at Rafe for few long seconds.

All the members were looking at Alec and Rafe . It was their moment.

Probably Rafe understood where he was. He instantly started smiling.  He was trying to open his eyes, as if he was eager to see his Dada's loving face.

Mesmerising everyone , the manifestation of Angel Ithuriel , opened his eyes.

The guests gasped . Magnus smiled . He was used to see the miraculous behaviours of his angelic warlocks.

Jace's jaws dropped. The ladies covered their mouth with their hands.

Two blue precious orbes met two blue ocean blue beautiful eye balls. 

Alec smiled lovingly at Rafe. Rafe's beautiful blue eye balls were Alec's replica.

"Oh , he is Magnus with Alec's eyes...oh my God.." said Izzy excited.

Magnus looked at Rafe in Alec's hands. 

Both the parents looked at their precious creation. Rafe was a priceless treasure to them , just like Max.

Rafe smiled at Alec . He was meeting his loving Dada , though for the first time , yet he could feel the warmth of his Dada. He shared a bond with this person for the last nine months. Rafe smiled at Alec probably saying a thanks to his Dada.

Alec was overwhelmed. Tears started flowing down his cheeks. Alec clutched Rafe tight to his chest and bathed him in his never-ending , selfless , parental love. 

Magnus smiled at his family lovingly , so did the other Lightwoods .

"Oh , how I wanted to meet you ..." said Alec and kissed Rafe.

Rafe gave a toothles smile and glowed.

Breaking the flood of emotions, came a voice....

"Have a I missed something ??" asked Robert with dishavelled hair and breathing heavily.

All the people looked at the sudden arrival...

"As usual you missed the most important moment of your children's life...where were you ?" said Maryse.

Robert said " I was taking care of Luci and Ali.."

Maryse opened her mouth and asked " You are what ???"

"He is saying the truth , he was taking care of Luci and Ali. " said Jace. Clary nodded her head in agreement.

"You told me that you had arranged for a governess...." said Magnus.

"Yes, we did but she went to her house as it was already late at night. When I felt Alec going into labour, I could only think of Robert to take care of the kids. Maryse needed to be here as  Alec needed his Mum to be with him at such a time..." said Jace.

"I handed over the kids to the governess when she came in the morning  and then only I could come " said Robert.

The members smiled at Robert  . He did the duty of a true grandfather .

"Where is my little Champ ?" asked Robert.

Alec looked at Magnus .

Magnus smiled and nodded his head.

Alec took Rafe in his arms and went near his father.

Robert looked at the bundle of blanket  in Alec's hands.

Alec smiled and said " Dad, here is your little champ..."

Robert smiled and looked at Alec's hands.

"Can I , can I take him..?" asked Robert hesitating.

"Of course Dad , he is all yours." said Alec.

Robert grinned ear to ear and took Rafael in  his loving embrace  .

The family smiled at the granfather and grandson.

Robert held Rafe's little hands in his and said " Oh , angel , you are glowing... I am your Granda but you can call me friend. I will call you Champ. Your bigbrother is my buddy , you know that.."

Rafe gave a toothless smile.

Magnus came near Robert with Max.

Robert looked at Max .

"Oh , Buddy , we got another friend in  our group to play..." said Robert looking at Max.

Max giggled and said " Yaa, yayaya...yayaya....Rafe cham , Rafe cham...Max buddy , Rafe Cham.."

The family laughed out loud at Max's cuteness.

Magnus snapped his fingers and two large bottles of blood appeared .

"Love , Rafe is waiting for his feed ..." said Magnus .

"Oh , yeah..." said Alec. He  was about to take the bottle to feed Rafe.

"No , I will feed Rafe ...you feed Max. You have taken care of Rafe for the last nine months. Now it's my turn to take care of him..."said Magnus.

"Awww...." came the loud noise from the four ladies present then..

Alec smiled and said "As you wish , husband " .

He took Max's bottle..

But Robert said " I can feed Max , son.You need rest...just sit on the couch and relax for some time.."

Alec smiled and said " Thanks Dad".

Alec went and sat on the couch. He saw that his loving husband started feeding Rafe from a large bottle.

Max was being fed by Robert.

Alec smiled . He looked around  . He saw everyone was enjoying themselves and were happy with the birth of Rafael Lightwood Bane