Dying To Dance

I want to talk about this upcoming weekend, it's regionals." Miss Abby starts, "Everybody knows how important that is. We're going to Starpower.

Maddie

 Melanie   Chloe    Paige

Brooke    Nia   Vivi-Anne   Mackenzie

"You know that's one of the toughest competitions out there. This is what's going to happen for this weekend." Miss Abby continues, "Maddie, new solo. Brooke, new solo. Chloe, new solo." Guess my solo weeks are over, "We are doing a new group routine this weekend, and everybody's in it-- The entire cast. It is called 'Where Have All the Children Gone?'. This is a routine about children who become missing. We've all seen the children's faces on the milk cartons. It's contemporary, it's mature, and it is very dark." Oooh, cool, "You have to be great actresses to pull it off. And they're all in white like they're angels. I don't want any discrepancies. I don't want any opinions. Girls, up, let's get moving."

All the moms leave and we start with the group dance rehearsal. 

Why did I think we were actually going to do something?

Vivi, Kenzie, and I just sat beside Miss Abby as the older girls learn the routine.

"Come close, listen to me." Miss Abby makes the girls stop and walk over to her, "All right, you're dancing, you're doing steps, you're trying to listen to the words. You're not interpreting the story correctly, and this is very serious." Okay? "Maybe there's people in the audience that have had a child that's gone missing. So you're gonna touches somebody's heart. So this has to be a really serious routine, and right not you're just doing the steps, and we need to get past that and we need to perform." Miss Abby turns over to the three of us, "Do you three understand?" I nod, "This is very serious."

The rest of rehearsal was watching the girls dance, at least the three of us had something to do, there would be a swing, Kenzie's going to push it, Vivi's going to be sitting on it, and I will be holding onto it. What was I expecting?

This week was boring, and I mean it, I didn't have any classes, and the only thing I do in the group dance is hold the swing.

•Competition Day•

We were on a plane on our way to Rhode Island, I was sitting beside Paige and we were playing with our Nintendo DS.

"Don't you dare throw me a red shell again!" Paige tells me as we play Mario Kart DS.

I throw one to Peach, her character, and pass her.

"Sorry." I say as Daisy, my character, crosses the finish line, "I won!"

"Noooooo!" Paige says and Peach crosses the finish line, "I'm second."

"The first to lose." I laugh.

Once we got to the competition, we go to the dressing room and start getting ready. Brooke had costume drama. Maddie and Chloe both had two solos, one aired and one unaired, Kenzie and Vivi had an unaired duet, and the older girls all had an unpaired group dance. I, had to get ready to hold a swing for 2 minutes and a half.

I change into my costume and Mommy start working with my hair.