The Runaway Mom

"Let's go, girls. Shake the lead out." Miss Abby tells us as we all enter Studio A, "Okay, now, Hollywood Vibe. Last week, you did an okay job. I thought it could have been better. Moving on, this week, we are going to Fire & Ice. Right here in Pittsburgh." We all clap and smile, "And I have a reputation to uphold. It's much more difficult to walk in and compete against people you know than a bunch of strangers. Okay, let's get to the pyramid."

"Finally." Kenzie whispers.

Miss Abby reveals the first headshot.

"I hate to do this, but, Kendall, you are back on probation."

My mouth opens in shock and I look over to Kendall.

"That's ridiculous, Abby. What more do you want from her?" Jill argues.

"Your head is distended. Your shoulders are hunched. Your rib cage is open." Miss Abby answers.

"Are you kidding me?! You're kidding me, right?!"

"No, she doesn't make the corrections. I have been telling her since the audition about her posture, and it has not improved once."

"I can't even believe it, you know what? You should be on probation, not my daughter. I don't even know why I'm here, you had nothing nice to say to her since the second we got here. You know what, Abby? She does a lot right."

"She turns like a top, but that's what's good. I don't need to fix that."

"There's a lot of studios out there who would love what she does right, and you know what, Abby? We are going to one of those studios."

No way.

The two Vertes leave Studio A and Kenzie looks at me shocked. I look at her with the same look and after that to Miss Abby.

"Next," She reveals the next headshot, "Melanie, you didn't do anything last week, just a couple weeks more and you'll be able to do more."

Nia

Maddie   Chloe

Mackenzie Brooke Paige Melanie   Kendall

"Moving on to the group number, we are going to do a dance. It's called 'Head Over Heels'. It's about falling in love and getting married." Miss Abby announces.

I think Miss Abby finally found out Mommy's secret. Oh oh.

Kenzie raises her hand and puts her arm around me.

"Aren't we too young to get married?" She asks.

"You're gonna be dressed as brides." Miss Abby says, "So, I want your dads to be at the competition, as if they were giving their daughters away. All right, you're dismissed, thank you very much."

~~~

We were in the Dancer's Den and Miss Abby was helping Kenzie with a pose. I was sitting between Maddie and Chloe eating some nerds, sometimes giving them some.

"I hear about the engagement!"

I shot my head up and look at Miss Abby, who was grinning from ear to ear.

"So are you gonna be in the wedding? Think I'm gonna be in the wedding?"

I don't even know anything and now Miss Abby wants to know everything, hopefully she forgets.

"Chloe, work on your solo." Miss Abby tells Chloe.

"Okay." She replies.

"Maddie, same thing-- Work with your solo." Maddie nods.