Nia's Last Chance

I enter the tap class in Studio C and notice that all of my friend group is on opposite ends of the room. Emma is with the teacher, Klara is at the far right corner, Peter is at the far left corner and Liam was almost at the back of the room. We always hang out on our classes, so what's going on?

Suddenly I feel someone grab my arm and I look at the person, it was Rylee.

"Why are they all apart?" I ask and cross my arms.

"They argued. A lot." Rylee tells me, "About you."

"About me?" I ask and she nods, "What about me?"

"You hanging out with Liam more than the rest." Rylee says.

That's ridiculous, I rarely hang out with Liam without Emma or Klara, I don't know what's up with them, but I don't want drama, at least not more. 

Rylee and I decide to have class together, I would talk with the rest once class was over, I just needed to know what was happening.

As soon as class ends I catch up with Emma, who was about to leave with Amira.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Peter said this was going to happen, you would start hanging out with Liam more, and when you get together, you're gonna pretend we don't even exist." Emma says, "Don't hide it, we all know about you and Liam."

"But we're not even getting together, we're kids." I tell her, "Do you just want attention?"

"Excuse me? I'm worried, I'm worried that we won't be friends anymore just because of Liam." Emma snaps.

"Not Liam, because of Peter. Peter is the one saying things!" I yell.

"Peter AND Klara." Emma adds, "You know, I'll be more than happy to hang out, but please fix everything with those two."

Emma takes her dance bag and walks away. So she started it but now I have to fix it? At least I know she's willing to hang out, now I just gotta talk with Peter and Klara. Also Liam. 

"Come on, girls! Let's go, let's go, let's go!"

I gotta go to pyramid, I take off my tap shoes and put them on my dance bag. I enter pyramid a little bit after everyone else did.

"Do you have the list?" Kenzie asks.

Abby asked us to write a list of good things about JoJo and bad things about JoJo. I couldn't handle writing bad things, so I just wrote good things, I hope Abby doesn't put me on the spot.

"Yeah." I say and unfold the paper.

"Congratulations! So I hope that our little rival, whatever, finally got the message that she's just not in the same league."

"Let's face it, our kids do lyrical. That's what they do best and we said we were gonna switch it up, and we didn't because we went out to win." Jill tells Abby and we all look over to her.

"We started of the season doing things out of our comfort zone. I'm hoping that you're going to push the girls to do more of the dances that you did in the beggining of the season." Holly adds, "We know the girls do well with lyrical. They're strong with lyrical."

"I wouldn't say that Nia does well on lyrical."

Here we go again. 

"I think what Holly's saying is we can't always go in just to win." Jill says.

"We have to go in--"

"I know, but it can't always be about that." Jill adds, "There's always something better."