The Big, Not So, Easy

It's finally nationals week, once again, I'm trying to be excited, but what I really am is super nervous.

Maddie

Mackenzie    Asia    Chloe   Melanie

Payton   Kendall   Brooke   Nia   Paige

"Girls, we are here in New Orleans to win at Nationals. The Wicked Witch of the West is here to beat you. You are all in the group routine. At Nationals, we will be performing a tribute to the hurricane victims. Eight years ago, Hurricane Katrina devastated this city. Now my soloists, to be 'fair', everyone will be learning a solo for nationals. Brooke, you and Payton will be learning the same choreography. Chloe, you and Kendall, you will be learning the same choreography. Asia, you should be the automatic shoo in, but last week, you made some mistakes. Mackenzie, your solo won the overall. Both of you will be learning the same choreography. Nia, Paige, you will be learning the same choreography. Maddie, I'm throwing you in there too. This is nationals, so if you're going to be here, and you're gonna be on this team, you're gonna be the absolute best you can be."

I look at her with a nervous and hopeful look.

"Melanie." Miss Abby says and everyone looks at me, "You are the only one who has an automatic solo." Everyone claps, "Don't disappoint me, kid."

"I won't." I smile.

•One Day To Nationals•

"Only one day left!" Kendall exclaims as we all stretch.

"Why do I feel so nervous?" Chloe asks, "It isn't my first time at nationals."

"I feel like that every year." Maddie agrees, "Nationals is just so different from the rest. Obviously."

"Girls, I have an announcement to make." Miss Abby enters with Kristie and we all stand up, "It is with great sadness, Asia has to cut her trip short and not participate on our national finals. We're saying goodbye to a superstar."

We say goodbye and hug, but why did she suddenly leave before Nationals? Let me guess, the moms. Mommy was pretty quiet yesterday when she came back of hanging out with the other moms, so something had to happen. Also Chloe has been talking of going to a family vacation, but I'm not sure about that. Payton and Chloe are now out, because of their mothers, because they physically fought yesterday. Coincidence. Now we gotta move on with three dancers less.

Nationals

"Don't talk to me!"

I slowly wake up to see Maddie and Kenzie arguing.

"You just asked me where your phone was, I was answering!" Kenzie yells and walks away.

Maddie starts rehearsing her solo and I look at her.

"Is this going to be every morning?" I say as I sit on the bed.

"Shut up!" She yells and my eyes wide.

"Fine fine." I start my way to the bathroom.

Mommy and Maddie almost started arguing, that's nationals Maddie. 

Twenty minutes later, we all leave to meet up with the rest of the team, part of the rest of the team, because Chloe and Asia are not here. Neither Payton, but she wasn't part of it. We go to the dressing room and start getting ready. I change into my aolo costume. Mommy works with my hair as I do my makeup.

 Mommy works with my hair as I do my makeup