Mackenzie's Time To Shine

"This is our last week before we go to LA. Maddie is not here. She's in New York City rehearsing for Saturday Night Live. All you Moms be thrilled that I chose your children this week over being at Saturday Night Live with Maddie."

Abby says that like if she danced with Maddie, duh.

Mom is literally lost, all she could talk about this morning was how much she wanted to be in NY with Maddie, so why don't you go and leave us with Jill instead? It's so annoying to know that your own mother would rather be with your sister with the famous stuff than you and your other sister. Both Kenzie and I have realized how much more Mom cares about Maddie than us, and it is sad. 

"Congratulations! A clean sweep! Our duets, we had a third place overall. Second lace overall. First place overall. I mean, that's a win, place and show. The group routine, you all did well. The group dance won. Not only did you beat Cathy, but they weren't second. They were third. So they tried to do too contemporary, too innovative, too weird and it backfired. Who puts their hands down on a side aerial when you're 13 to 14 years old?"

"Horrible." Mom says.

"Both hands." Jess adds.

"All right, let's get to the pyramid. I'm gonna do pyramid a little bit differently."

Kalani

Maddie   Nia   Mackenzie

JoJo      Kendall    Melanie

"Okay, so this week, we are going to World Class Talent Experience. And since it's in Ohio, we know those rotten apples are going to be there again. So, solos. JoJo? You will be performing a solo. Now, my other solo would go to Mackenzie. Mackenzie, the name of your piece is 'Who Are You?'."

Sounds cute!

"Without being Maddie's little sister. Without saying MackZ, you're not saying, who are you?"

Never mind, this is just another of Abby's games, and knowing our mother she won't say a peep. 

"Mackenzie." Kenzie answers.

"Well, that's what we need to find out." Abby says and I roll my eyes, "There's a duet, that will have Melanie and Liam, it is entitled 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever', this better be like Maddie's and Gino's duet."

Why the urge to compare us to Maddie?

"Well, Maddie's duet with Gino was second." I snap and they all look at me, "My other duet with Liam was first, so we were kind of better than the other one."

Kenzie high-fives me and I look at Abby.

"Now the group routine, Maddie is not here. So I hate to do a contemporary lyrical without her being present. The style of this routine is jazz funk. We're reminiscent of The Spice Girls."

The group dance rehearsal was boring, just because there's only 5 Spice Girls and 6 dancers, so Abby decides to pull me, once again I'm the sacrificial lamb. Last week I was the only one who didn't do a duet and this week I'm the only one doing a duet. The duet rehearsal was also pretty simple, wonder if Abby is mad at me because I talked back.

After all Kenzie, Mom and I get in the car and go back home, even though we had to go to the supermarket first. We get off the car and start walking towards the building.

"And Melanie what happened at pyramid today?" Mom asks as we continue walking.

"About what?" I ask.

"You talking back to Abby." Mom says, "You never do that."